Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sure enough, my floorboards are on backwards from the dealer. Mrclean(forum member) astutely pointed out that the bank indicator should be on the rear of the floorboard, not the front. I wondered why I never scraped. I wonder how many other things the dealership put on backwards. Have a look folks, I can't be the only one
I guess if I ever scrape, I'm in serious trouble. The angle of the floorboard is such that when they are put on backwards, the bank indicator is on the upward angle of the floorboard, I'd be really leaned over!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Mine are on right. In fact they are a little scraped... Now who could have done that?:D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah, they are interchanged left FB on the right, right FB on the left, or since I didn't see the left side, maybe you have two left FB's.:D Easy swap, but probably not the only dealership that made that mistake, as you said. :(

Or, as a humor view, If you have two lefts side FB, you need to find the Classic that has two right FBs.

At the dealership where I got my Custom, an 09, the next Custom they assembled was a Copper 09, non SE model, with a normal non SE rear wheel. , but an 09 SE Custom front wheel. A factory error of sorts.:confused:

·
Registered
156 Posts
all you need to do is move the wear blocks, not switch the whole darn board. there are mounting holes on the front and the back of each board. much easier fix.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hey you all, SINCE you're moving those bank indicators, hows about taking one of the bolts to your local Lowe's or Home Depot and picking up a couple spares THEN go over to the gate hardware (same Isle) and pick up a couple of gate latches. The type you're looking for is like THIS ONE, buy two, their $3.50. When you get home, throw the latch part away and take the rod part and bolt it to the front hole, use locktite. Now you have a 7 dollar heel supports to kick your feet out on. I thought I'd get rid of them when I got my highway pegs but they just offer another place to rest my heals while I have the balls of my feet on the pegs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey you all, SINCE you're moving those bank indicators, hows about taking one of the bolts to your local Lowe's or Home Depot and picking up a couple spares THEN go over to the gate hardware (same Isle) and pick up a couple of gate latches. The type you're looking for is like THIS ONE, buy two, their $3.50. When you get home, throw the latch part away and take the rod part and bolt it to the front hole, use locktite. Now you have a 7 dollar heel supports to kick your feet out on. I thought I'd get rid of them when I got my highway pegs but they just offer another place to rest my heals while I have the balls of my feet on the pegs.
Huh? Whatchu talkin' bout, Willis?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Look, see this latch kit which I've linked from the previous post. Now, look where the post of the latch kit is on my bike.

See, heel rests for 7 bucks. Kury wants 80ish dollars. Their's are chrome and shiney but if you don't know your want them this is a cheap way to find out. Then, if you're chrome addiction can't override your checkbook you're off easyl

·
Registered
20 Posts
Look, see this latch kit which I've linked from the previous post. Now, look where the post of the latch kit is on my bike.

See, heel rests for 7 bucks. Kury wants 80ish dollars. Their's are chrome and shiney but if you don't know your want them this is a cheap way to find out. Then, if you're chrome addiction can't override your checkbook you're off easyl

Thought I would bump up a great idea.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have those highpegs, but I just rest my heel on the floorboard and put the tip of my boot on the peg.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I saw this thread a while back and kept thinking I should check mine, but kept forgetting. Yesterday I scraped for the first time and thought to myself, oh - I guess they're on right. Then when I got off I looked and no! they're swapped left for right - it was the actual floorboard I was scraping :eek:!! I guess I must've really had a lean on in that turn :D. I'll change the warning blocks ASAP.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Speaking of recently scraping. My father-in-law on a Demo truck ride for Triumph scraped the pegs riding the Speedmaster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts