Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody else has had this problem please help. I just put Vance & Hines slash cut staggers on my 900c. After the install the driver floorboard on the right side hits the exhaust. Any suggestions on how to fix?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I still have the box and I looked through it again but i didn't see anything washers. I may try to find some and see if that works.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Is this on a 900 custom or a 900? On the custom, you shouldn't have floorboards. Is this not the right exhaust, maybe?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a classic. I didn't think about them not being the right ones. I ordered them from Dennis Kirk. Everything went together pretty well on the bike. The only thing is the floorboard hits the bottom exhaust when lifted just a little. I like to ride in the mountains and I'm afraid of scrapping the floorboards in a corner and bending the exhaust pipe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I would check with V&H and see if there is a difference between the exhausts. It might be minimal, but there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same bike and exhaust. You just need to install the washer that came with the exhaust to bring the floorboard out just a little. The washer should be included with the exhaust (it literally is a washer). If it didn't come with it, buy a washer and put it on there to move the floorboard out a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts