Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This June will be our wettest on record and the St. Croix river is flooding it's banks. Took a ride down there and snapped a few pics. Take a lok at this pelican who could care less at the massive pumps and they were loud! Also the irony of the signs like "No overnight Parking" and the water is almost covering them.

You can click an any pic to enlarge.

CLICK HERE FOR ALBUM

·
Registered
918 Posts
It isn't that bad here in Wichita, KS area, yet. Although, we, too, have seen more rain this year than the past 3 years combined. Plus, the temps have been better than the previous 3 years. By this time, we would have been seeing triple digits. So far, we have only hit the triples once and it was the earliest recorded in Wichita's history. I don't mind the rain, but I didn't like the down pour I had to ride home in @ 12:45 this morning. My clothes are still dripping wet (no, not wearing them atm XP).

Blame all this rain on El Nino. They said El Nino could bring more rains and more intense thunderstorms with lower than normal temps this year. I'd say the weather guys are on the mark this year.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I really wish we could get some of that water here in Texas!!!!
Good luck!

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
I really wish we could get some of that water here in Texas!!!!
Good luck!
I agree we'll take that off your hands. We have been in drought restrictions for the last 3 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts