Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fleece or sheepskin seat covers

The stock seat on my Nomad is not the most comfortable peace of foam padded vinyl I have ever sat on but is serviceable for my daily commute. This fall I am planning to take some trips on it and I can tell hours in the saddle are going to be no fun for my fanny. The 2 main issues I have are lack of padding in the rear pelvic area and no air flow for what in southern slang is referred to as the taint . I know I can spend 4 to 7 hundred and buy a nice after market seat that will take care of the pelvic area pressure problems, and I will take all the suggestions on these I can get, But the air flow problem will still be there. I am just looking for ideas here and thought the fleece seat cover was a good one but when I searched it nothing popped. At this point I am taking any and all suggestions, so if you have any experience with a type of seat cover that will add just a little cushion and also some ventilation I would like to here about it . Thanks TS

·
Registered
600 Posts
Dollar store faux fleece pet pad helped me quite a bit. The real deal should help even more. More space between skin and vinyl the better....

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the ideas, maybe a combination of the two, beads for air flow and fleece for comfort over the beads.

Hey Bear if yours is a perfect fit a pic would be nice as we don't have an Ikea here and I would have to order it.

·
BOTM Winner, October 2015
476 Posts
No time to post a PIC today. Purchased a Fleece pad at Ikea. Perfect fit! Kinda pricey at $27, but, it works!
Hey Bear roughly how big is that peece of fleece? Would love if it went over the the girlfriend seat also.

AND I have an Ikea a few miles away and could easily send her to go get it. :p

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
OK, guess I'm going to have to learn to do PICs. YES, the Ikea fleece is long enough to cover both the stock drivers and passengers area. I sewed a length of 1" wide elastic about 4" back on each side of the front to hold that front down and then made "V" shaped cuts at both rear corners to allow them to be sewn together and drape down the back of the seat. I also pulled a piece of skinny elastic through the rear corners and use it to secure the back. I unbolted the passenger strap and pulled the fleece under it. Fleece is a bit thick so getting the strap back on was a bit of a tug of war. Love it. No n=long distance rides since I had to work 4 consecutive 12 hour shifts at the County Fair. Now it's around +95 f and 60% RH! Maybe tomorrow. I need to do some errands and we'll see.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been using one for a few years and like it. Also have one covering my backrest. The one on the seat is over an AirHawk pad. The combo is very comfortable although it does add some seat height.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts