Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok question does anyone's bike have the spoke style wheels and take tubes. I have had 2 flats in the last month. Just wondering if anyone that has to run tubes has used any of that slime that is made for bicycle tubes. Or should I just switch my back tire to a mag wheel. It is a Vulcan classic and I can use a mag wheel from a Vulcan custom from what my research is telling me on the back but the front is a little harder to find a mag for. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have spoke wheels on my 500. I too had an issue with flats, and have used the tube specific green Slime with good results. I have it in the tube currently on the bike due to a nail puncture. Others here use a similar product called Ride On or similar. There is actually a variety for automotive type tubes. Or maybe it's the same and just packaged differently. But either way, it's a larger container for the larger tubes.

The green stuff comes off pretty easily with basic soap and water (even after it dries). I've done more than a few repairs at the shop where it was tried on good sized cut or rip and failed, leaving what looked like a really bad mess. But it cleaned up surprisingly easily.

These products work pretty well for a straight in puncture, but nothing will do well for a rip or tear in the tube. Also remember to remove whatever caused the issue before putting the product in if possible.

·
Registered
177 Posts
When I had my 900 I used Ride On in the tires with tubes. I never had a flat. It also made for a smoother ride since it's also a balancing agent.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys for the info. I did find a custom rear wheel on ebay i ordered the other day. So I am hoping like others have said on here that it will be a direct bolt on. I will have to take the stuff off mine and put on it but that will get the rear one without a tube now if I can figure out a replacement for the front. I was looking the other day and someone said something about one off a honda would fit the vulcan but I can't find where I found that at again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts