Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I bought this trunk on EBay and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a replacement latch for it. It's not broken, just feels real cheap. I would like to change that and modify the hinges. If anyone has this trunk and modified it to strengthen it up please let me know. I like it and can carry quite a bit. Just want to improve on it a little. Hard bags coming in a few months.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Can you post pics of the latch and maybe the manufacturer

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was also looking for the flat backrest so I could carry additional luggage on the back seat for extended trips....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mrjcrod, Where did you buy your chrome kick stand. I like it, but I can't seem to find one. Also, do you remember what you paid for it? Are you happy with it? Any problems with it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mrjcrod, I just put the same grips on my 2012 classic. I used silicone adhesive, but it didn't work well. The grips can spin on the handlebars with very little pressure. What did you use for adhesive?

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I have the same latch, agree it's not the best quality. I keep it locked when riding so it can't open up.

Is this the back rest you are looking for to replace the wrap around? If so, I think I still have the one that came with mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mrjcrod, I just put the same grips on my 2012 classic. I used silicone adhesive, but it didn't work well. The grips can spin on the handlebars with very little pressure. What did you use for adhesive?

I used the adhesive that came with the kuryakyn grips.

And Bosco, yes, I'm looking for that backrest or anything very similar.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mrjcrod, Where did you buy your chrome kick stand. I like it, but I can't seem to find one. Also, do you remember what you paid for it? Are you happy with it? Any problems with it?

Bought it in March and kickstand was already on. Did the Classic Lt's come with non chrome kickstands?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let me look in the garage. If you would like it, it's yours for the price of shipping. Just let me know.
Let me know if you find it and if its in good condition I would take it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Let me know if you find it and if its in good condition I would take it. Thanks.
Will find it this afternoon, and send you a pic. It should be perfect as I never used it. Will PM you the cost for shipping and you can decide from there.

Update: Added pics.....

Has been stored in a plastic bag, never mounted to trunk. I think it needs to set in the sun for a while to allow the material to shrink back to the foam.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
robf - I had an issue with my non-throttle side grip as well. I stretched some thin rubber tubing over the bars before putting the grip on and now it's solid as a rock.

Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Meterman. I put a layer of electrical tape on the plastic throttle sleeve, then sprayed hairspray inside the grip, and a little on the electrical tape, slid the grip on, and let it sit overnight. It's on there like cement. Works perfect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts