Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife has a 2009 Vulcan. Instruction say to use the wires on the Hi-Beam. I downloaded a manual but the head light and wiring are different. Does anybody know which wire to connect the sending unit to? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does this thing use a push button to activate with the low beam on or is it hard wired to the dimmer switch and work when the hi beam is activated (flash 2 or 3 times)?

Headlight wiring:

Single H-4 (hi-lo) bulb or individual hi and low bulbs: R/Bk (Red/Black stripe) = Hi beam 12v power - two wires, one to dimmer switch and one to hi beam indicator light. R/Y (Red/Yellow stripe) = low beam 12v power. Bk/Y (Black/Yellow stripe) = ground.

OR; Start bike with headlight removed and use meter to read voltage with hi beam on at the headlight connector. Bk/Y is always to ground.

Installed the way the instructions read, Hi beam indicator will flash in conjunction with hi beam headlight.

Reactions: budda109

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this thing use a push button to activate with the low beam on or is it hard wired to the dimmer switch and work when the hi beam is activated (flash 2 or 3 times)?

Headlight wiring:

Single H-4 (hi-lo) bulb or individual hi and low bulbs: R/Bk (Red/Black stripe) = Hi beam 12v power - two wires, one to dimmer switch and one to hi beam indicator light. R/Y (Red/Yellow stripe) = low beam 12v power. Bk/Y (Black/Yellow stripe) = ground.

OR; Start bike with headlight removed and use meter to read voltage with hi beam on at the headlight connector. Bk/Y is always to ground.

Installed the way the instructions read, Hi beam indicator will flash in conjunction with hi beam headlight.
The way it works is, when you want to open your garage door. You flash high beam to low beam and once again. Then the garage door opens. The receiver can be mounted were your inside button is or in my case, I put it right above the opener. The transmitter is in the headlight housing. Hooked up to the wires shown. I got restless and just tried a pair of wires and it worked great. Thanks for helping. Kinda beats carrying an opener, or having to get off the bike open the door then back on the bike and enter. Convenience thing. Wife's bike. She asked, I took care of it.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
The way it works is,,,
Convenience thing. Wife's bike. She asked, I took care of it.
the way it worx is that is called an attaboy. you get one.
keep in mind, one awschitt wipes out all yor attaboys. back to zero.

Reactions: budda109

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
My garage door opener often comes along for the ride. Or, when not, pushes the button as I come up the driveway. :)

She is pretty good to me!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My garage door opener often comes along for the ride. Or, when not, pushes the button as I come up the driveway. :)

She is pretty good to me!

I have a wife, two young adults. Girl 17, boy 20. Both in school. Wife works. I also have a company van/service vehicle. So I have 5 cars. Three motorcycles. 2 single doors 2 car garage. I have an opener on my bike. Some vehicles have openers built in. The Flash2pass was free from a friend who got a new security system. Has a built in opener on his bike. So he gave me his Flash2pass. And it works great for the price. Even cheaper then an opener. :wink2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts