Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I haven't yet. I like the 36mph I'm getting. Still, seems like a good idea to improve performance.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
So is everybody getting a flash from Ivan on their ECU?
Yes... Everyone is. Those of us who have had our bikes since before Ivan, and used to use a fuel controller, will all tell you that there's no comparison - the flash is waaaay better.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Oops. I get 46 not 36 now. May flash it with new tires in 2000 miles, about 2 months from now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Did the flash at the 2000 mile mark on my 2016 otherwise bone stock Voyager. Best single upgrade I will ever do. Bike just turned 10K miles....I consistantly get 40 to 45 mpg on the highway, much more efficient use of OD, no backfire, instant power and bike runs cooler. And I had warranty work done at the 3500 mile mark (radiator fan broke) and no issues getting it repaired at my dealer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
In case you have not seen this, it gives a pretty good rundown of what the flash does. $350 plus shipping. Usually 1 day turnaround once Ivan gets your ECU. The ECU is very easy to take out and reinstall....there are some Youtube videos on it you can find. If you have the O2 Sensor you have to disconnect it. Ivan's instructions not so clear on that....I had to call him. Basically you have to take off the 2 plastic panels on the front brake lever side of the bike under the drivers seat. There is a plastic connector there that you take apart...cover both ends with duct tape and zip tie them so they don't move around. Good luck! Ivan's Performance Products

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's another question that's definitely concerning Ivan. A friend came over today to help me install my new Cobra Tri-Flo's. We had a problem detaching the wiring for the O2 sensor. Just couldn't get that connection to release. The idea came up, "Well we can just cut the wires. No problem I can connect them". Guess what? Problem. So he says he'll come back Sunday to fix it. I've known this guy all my life and I've never seen a screw-up like this.

Since Ivan will turn the O2 sensor off anyway, Can we just forget about it until he sends back My ECU?

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Nope, no flash for me. I got a Dobeck EJK before I heard of Ivan's flash. I'm not throwing away the money I spent on the EJK, which gives me quite acceptable performance, cooling, and gas mileage, just to get the flash. If I had not gotten the EJK, I might have gotten the flash, but probably not. The EJK does everything I need it to and is cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Ok, that doesn't answer my question, but carry on!
Your original question was if everyone was getting the flash. I just answered that I was not getting the flash, then provided a little more info.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I'm like Sabre-T, no flash on my 2012 Voyager, using a G-man/Bully controller, a rebadged EJK. Also had it long before the flash came around and now have 80k+ miles on it. If I could have gotten the flash when I got the bike, likely would have. If I get another 1700, I'll go that route.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Mine has FU059C engraved on it
Then you can get another. I held off getting the C4B for a time, since it was released soon after I had the first upgrade done. It takes a couple of weeks to turn around from down here, so I waited until the off-season.

It's definitely worth getting the C4B... The improvement is noticeable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts