Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted a flag mast on their 1700 Voyager yet? If so where did you put it?

Not the most gadget adding friendly motorcycle I ever owned. I do not have the Venture trunk rack yet. (shoudda took it of my old Venture before I traded it in):rolleyes:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Has anyone mounted a flag mast on their 1700 Voyager yet? If so where did you put it?

Not the most gadget adding friendly motorcycle I ever owned. I do not have the Venture trunk rack yet. (shoudda took it of my old Venture before I traded it in):rolleyes:
I mounted a pair of flags to the Venture trunk rack - 1/2" bar, so there's plenty of masts that will fit it. Now if you want a huge mast, that's another story!

·
Registered
644 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had them mounted on my Venture on the rack also until one of them caught my face and sliced it open. (eagle tips) then they went down to the saddlebag rails.

I have never seen the rumble flags... I like the idea. Do they do well with 75 80 mph travel?

·
Registered
644 Posts
I had them mounted on my Venture on the rack also until one of them caught my face and sliced it open. (eagle tips) then they went down to the saddlebag rails.

I have never seen the rumble flags... I like the idea. Do they do well with 75 80 mph travel?
I've had mine on the bike for over 4 months and no issues. I've run 80 MPH with them and they are rock solid. Just follow the directions when you first put them on and all will be good. The 3M VHB tape needs a bit of time to cure to stay in place. Won't move with just the mount but I didn't put the flag and pole on until the required amount of time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I used Rumbling Pride flags. No holes to drill. Mount with 3M VHB tape. Here's their website and a couple pics to show them mounted on the Voyager.

http://www.rumblingpride.com/Touring_Class_Mounting_System.htm
These look great and sound like they'd be very easy to mount... but what if you wanted to take them off? I've been looking for a way to fly the US flag and my PGR flags on my Voyager and these things look like they'd work but I dunno if I want them on there ALL the time. Wonder what kind of mess they'd leave if you wanted to remove them? Would they take the paint off too? Or worse, break the trunk? LOL

·
Registered
644 Posts
These look great and sound like they'd be very easy to mount... but what if you wanted to take them off? I've been looking for a way to fly the US flag and my PGR flags on my Voyager and these things look like they'd work but I dunno if I want them on there ALL the time. Wonder what kind of mess they'd leave if you wanted to remove them? Would they take the paint off too? Or worse, break the trunk? LOL
You can unscrew the pole from the mount and put them away. As far as removing them, it's the same as taking emblems off the tank and such. Using fishing line, you can get them off if you want. Then clean the remaining goo with WD40.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can unscrew the pole from the mount and put them away. As far as removing them, it's the same as taking emblems off the tank and such. Using fishing line, you can get them off if you want. Then clean the remaining goo with WD40.
Awesome! Thanks, Brucer !!

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
After a couple email exchanges with rumbling pride, I ordered a combo kit from them this morning. Also several of the guys/gals I ride with have too.

Thanks for putting me on them guys....

·
Registered
644 Posts
After a couple email exchanges with rumbling pride, I ordered a combo kit from them this morning. Also several of the guys/gals I ride with have too.

Thanks for putting me on the them guys....
You're welcome. Nice products.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
You're welcome. Nice products.
Brucer did you get the 22 or the TCM 45? I think I want to put it the same place you did.:p
Also are they 7.5 or 13inch mast?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Brucer did you get the 22 or the TCM 45? I think I want to put it the same place you did.:p
Also are they 7.5 or 13inch mast?
I got the TCM22 because I wasn't sure where I was going to mount them. The 22 give you more options. If you're going to mount them like mine, the TCM45 will work just fine. 13 inch mast is what I got.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Does the rim of the trunk lid touch the flag poles at all? I would prefer the TCM22 if it doesn't.
No. Does not hit at all. About 1/2 inch clearance because the flags lean toward the rear.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
No. Does not hit at all. About 1/2 inch clearance because the flags lean toward the rear.
I could see in your pictures that they lean back but I didn't think it was that much. Anyway I just ordered a set for me. A little pricey for two but I like them enough to get them. Thanks for info.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I could see in your pictures that they lean back but I didn't think it was that much. Anyway I just ordered a set for me. A little pricey for two but I like them enough to get them. Thanks for info.
Well...maybe around 3/8 inch but it still misses it just fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wll order some also. I've been looking at Sturgis and these look good. I'll letum know where I heard of them.
By the way,I removed the rubber velosity stack from the throttle body. It was really close to the airbox cover(rt. side). I went from 36.7mpg to 40.5 at 80 mph on the interstate over a 400 mile trip. Acceleration and a lower engine temp also,I'd imagine from the fact the engine doesn't labor up the hills in 6th gear anymore. 1500miles and no problem yet. it snaps off and on easy,just be carefull. check it out. 1700 voysger

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I wll order some also. I've been looking at Sturgis and these look good. I'll letum know where I heard of them.
By the way,I removed the rubber velocity stack from the throttle body. It was really close to the airbox cover(rt. side). I went from 36.7mpg to 40.5 at 80 mph on the interstate over a 400 mile trip. Acceleration and a lower engine temp also,I'd imagine from the fact the engine doesn't labour up the hills in 6th gear anymore. 1500miles and no problem yet. it snaps off and on easy,just be carefull. check it out. 1700 voysger
Pardon my ignorance :confused: what is the Rubber velocity stack, what does it do, and do you have any photos to help we mechanically challenged? :rolleyes:

Might be worth a new thread

·
Registered
8 Posts
The airbox cover is on the rigjt side. It looks just like the air filter cover on the left side. Four screws will remove the cover to access the throttle body.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts