Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Completed my bucket list! Made it to Washington and finally rode through Kansas (not so bad but winds were high). The bikes (Vulcan 500 and Vulcan Classic) handled like a big ole land yachts. Very happy with the ride.
Now the down side is back to Florida and work. Got to love it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome to Washington. If you are still here, take the time to ride hwy 20. The North Cascades Highway. One of the best roads in the state.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ride info. I really wish we had more time in Washington Ken. Actually, we are now on a fast trip back to Florida due to work commitments. We fell in love with Kenniwick on the river while here. Nice clean area and lot's of recreation going on. Great visit!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Completed my bucket list! Made it to Washington and finally rode through Kansas (not so bad but winds were high). The bikes (Vulcan 500 and Vulcan Classic) handled like a big ole land yachts. Very happy with the ride.
Now the down side is back to Florida and work. Got to love it!
Congratulations on a feat that not many will accomplish. I used to live in Kansas City MO - riding across Kansas in July could not have been very enjoyable:)) I also live in FL (Venice) and it has been cooler here than most of the rest of the country this summer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congratulations on a feat that not many will accomplish. I used to live in Kansas City MO - riding across Kansas in July could not have been very enjoyable:)) I also live in FL (Venice) and it has been cooler here than most of the rest of the country this summer.
Just did a ride from Ky to Denver and went through Missouri and Kansas. Air temps were in the 106-108 range with road temps pushing 120!! The low humidity helped, but we did limit ourselves to 1 hour stretches and had a cooler stocked with water and gatorade!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In Billings, MT tonight and the heat is back again. Just son everyone else knows, one of the best roads I have ridden in the US, I got to do again. Route 12 out of Washington to Misoula, Mt is outstanding. Lots of sweepers and scenery. My wife and I did it years ago and rode it back again heading east. Really an incredible road. Just watch out for a few miles of "chip seal", as it is hell to ride through. I would do it again to ride that road though.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Running a K&N filter with Cobra FI2000 and the pipes are punched. Racinray's throttle mod too. The bike has been a fantastic runner. Mountains and highway have been great! I did this on a Venture about 7 years ago and it was fun but this bike maybe more fun.
I can't think of anything I would change on the bike.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Running a K&N filter with Cobra FI2000 and the pipes are punched. Racinray's throttle mod too. The bike has been a fantastic runner. Mountains and highway have been great! I did this on a Venture about 7 years ago and it was fun but this bike maybe more fun.
I can't think of anything I would change on the bike.
That's good to hear. What settings are you using for the pots on your fuel box?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I posted it somewhere a while back on here, but I will have to look at my current settings for you. I can't remember because I changed it slightly on the midrange just before I left for this trip. What ever I am running right now, seems to be perfect for the 45mph to 80mph range. Not bad for slow speed with the throttle mod but this bike really performs well in that mid-range area.
I will check it out when I go to dinner tonight and post it here. Checking in early at the hotel because the storms are brewing up with afternoon heat. Lot's of Sturgis riders heading into SD. I have been asked a thousand times if we were heading to Sturgis. Been there done that though.
In Missouri tonight and should be in Arkansas tomorrow night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts