Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit a big bump a while back followed by quite a bit of water damaged road. End result was a few rattles from the fairing.

So I pulled the fairing off, really easy providing you do the lowers first. I found every screw and bolt apart from the main mounting bold had loosened anything from 3/4 to 1 1/2 turns. This included every screw in the radio housing and the instrument panel. I also found a large multi pin plug sitting against the fairing support that rattled when bumped. I added a little foam to all areas where different components clipped of screwed together . End result no obvious rattles.

So if you have a few rattles it's worth a couple of hours to fix them

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sometimes you have to go where no man has gone before!And hope you can get all back together!Even my 2012 rattles a bit.May have to go explore.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes you have to go where no man has gone before!And hope you can get all back together!Even my 2012 rattles a bit.May have to go explore.

Really is easy if you follow Kawasaki methods I think mot of my rattles came from the top bit of plastic on the dash (the one with the two screws, and from the large plug floating around on the harness banging against the frame or inner fairing after it came loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts