Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHY THE 900? Again, after a long, cold, winter, my beautiful nine leaped to life after a brief press of the ignition. How sweet is that. So, so happy with this bike. No tender, just a solar panel hooked up with a pigtail. Didn't even need electricity all winter long. This bike continues to impress!

·
Registered
424 Posts
And you know the 09 is the fastest year.

WHY THE 900? Again, after a long, cold, winter, my beautiful nine leaped to life after a brief press of the ignition. How sweet is that. So, so happy with this bike. No tender, just a solar panel hooked up with a pigtail. Didn't even need electricity all winter long. This bike continues to impress!
Yup mine makes me smile every time I open the garage door. OK you have got my interest on the solar panel, more details please.

Now get off the internet and go RIDE (Weather permitting of course :D)

·
Registered
7,620 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
yeah those solar panel tenders are good only if they have direct light and also if the battery is basically fully charged. used to use it on my car. car was parked outside and i kept the panel iin the window. car started up all the time without problems. and thats in winter time without use for 2-3 months.

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup mine makes me smile every time I open the garage door. OK you have got my interest on the solar panel, more details please.

Now get off the internet and go RIDE (Weather permitting of course :D)
Bought the panel at Canadian Tire......
Pros:
1. no electricity needed.
2. Mine doesn't need full sun, works in cloudy conditions.
3. Suitable for an unheated shed.
4. came with a permanent "pigtail" that connects to the battery, plus, alligator clips for temporary connection if desired.
5. It works.

Cons:
1. It WON'T charge the battery. Keeps battery maintained by a 1 amp trickle charge.
2. Has a 1 amp inline fuse with a filament the width of a hair....impossible to find a replacement.
3. Will not charge the battery (ok, said that lol.)

Conclusion: This is a great unit, keeps my battery maintained for three seasons now.
( and, of course, I realize the 09's are the fastest)...:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts