Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I just made the lateral shift from a 2006 C90T to a 2007 VN1500. Loved my Boulevard but the Vulcan has so many extras that it just made it a better choice for me. I have ordered my Clymer and ready to get on the road but first some questions for you more experienced owners.
1. What is your favorite Oil Filter
2. What is your favorite Parts web site. (I like to change my drain plug out on first oil change I do.)
3. Has anyone gotten a bigger rear tire and what did you move to.
I think forums are the best information resource and thank you all for reading.
-David

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good memory!
I found a 2007 Vulcan 1500 with 8K miles as opposed to a 2002 with 42K miles and it felt good to ride.
Got it titled and registered today and onto the oil change.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
So, curious.... You said that you loved the Boulevard but the Vulcan had so many extras. What kind of extras?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The items a I could have added to the C90T but it since it was already done I took advantage of the moment and got the bike. It has:

Self-cancelling turn signals
Light bar
Easy to adjust rear shocks
Larger gas tank
Zip off saddlebags
Cobra pipes
Luggage rack

Items the C90T doesn't have but makes a difference:

Engine counter balance to reduce vibration
Liquid cooled

It also came with the passenger backrest, nicer grips, passenger floorboards, front and back engine guards, battery tender.

I will be taking out the two with my wife on board and see how she does. I love that the center of gravity on the C90T was so low it made low speed steering a breeze but I love the smoothness on the Vulcan. I do miss the loud "CLUNK" I hear when I drop the C90T into gear. The Vulcan has a more muted sound, but still no mistaking that V-Twin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts