Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a 750 vulcan and I have grown up riding dirtbikes! THis is my first street bike! I am wondering a few things! First of all does anyone happen to have the manual online or downloadable? Second of all, THere is a tank on the Right hand side of the bike that has a low and full writing. THere is also a see through panel on the tank to show where the "liquid" is. The problem is it says that it is low, but it does not have what this tank holds? ANyone know what this tank may be? It is on the lower portion of the engine behind the brake and footpeg? Thanks for all your help!

C

·
0 Posts
I don't know anything at all about the 750, but that tank will either be water or oil, probably the water. You can go online at Kawasaki.com and order any manual I believe. Check ebay there may be a OEM or Clymer manual for your bike. Google is your new best friend. Good luck.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
553 Posts
Congratulation on your new bike; the tank is coolant, the 750 is a liquid cooled motorcycle. Get an owner’s manual quick. One of the aftermarket shop manuals will also be helpful if you plan on doing some of your own wrenching, as an ex dirt rider I assume you will.
Unless you know that the previous owner kept maintenance up to date I would change all the fluids, oil and filter, brake, drive shaft oil, and coolant. The oil and filter is straight forward but you will want a shop manual for the brake and coolant or you can find some great how to on line also try utube for video help.
For what it is worth I think you chose the right bike to make the transition from dirt to road. I bought the same bike a little more than a year ago for the same reason, although I had also been absent from motorcycling for several years.

·
Registered
445 Posts
You should be able to go to Kawi web site and go down to owners info and find owners manual that can be down loaded

·
Registered
23 Posts
http://www.scribd.com/group/68783-kawaski-vn750-owners

That link will get you just about any information you might need to know.

The plastic tank is the radiator reservoir and the glass window all the way down at the bottom is the oil window.
What year is yours? One of the most important things to do with this bike is to do the spline lube on the drive shaft. Its easy to do, and will save you a ton of money, and headache.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Now that I see the pictures I am more convinced, than I was originally, that you should drain and replace all the fluids, get at least an owners manual, and change the oil in the engine and the final drive. You may want the dealer to change the anti freeze and the break fluid.

If you want to "do it your self" there shop manuals available as well as how to do it videos on utube.

The VN750 is a great reliable machine but it needs periodic maintenance to function safely and efficiently.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
go to bikebandit.com and order the plastic plug that goes over the swingarm bolt too, It was there to protect the bolt from constant elements, it needs to be replaced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts