Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put the first 500 miles on my fat bottom girl 2017 VAQUERO the dealer wants 250.00 for the first service what all do they do.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oil change, electronic diagnostic check, set idle speed.
Important for warranty. Not sure if dealer service required after first one.

·
Registered
308 Posts
NOT important for warranty. Dealer never needs to touch bike for it to be in full warranty. Everything in the 1st maint column in the owners manual is -supposed- to be done. Doesn't mean it will be... that is why I say ASK the dealer what you are getting for your $250.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've always done my own right from new for all my bikes, keep all receipts and a log of what you did and when and you are fine under warranty. The first should involve checking all nuts, bolts, connectors in addition to the fluid changes and belt inspection, etc. If they did their PDI properly you shouldn't really find much. On first day riding my Voyager I had it idling at a coffee shop and noticed both of these bolts marked "A" were so loose they were visibly rattling. Needless to say I went back to the dealer and asked what I had paid the money for if they were that incompetent. His excuse was "the front wheel is installed at the factory".....If he had been up front about it and been a little apologetic I may have been fine with it, but with his attitude I told him I'd never be back for any service, etc and have not to this day. I don't trust most of them to do what they are paid to do I guess is what it comes down to. Sorry for the long rant :)

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
I hear ya Dlars. After the second service I never went back either.
Those two services will show up on the Kawasaki network.
No warranty issues after 5 years. Never went for the 4 yr adder at $$$.
One recall for the ignition switch cover.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I hear ya Dlars. After the second service I never went back either.
Those two services will show up on the Kawasaki network.
No warranty issues after 5 years. Never went for the 4 yr adder at $$$.
One recall for the ignition switch cover.
No I never had any warranty issues with my 1500 Classic or my 2012 Voyager, which was over in June of this year....pretty reliable machines

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I just put the first 500 miles on my fat bottom girl 2017 VAQUERO the dealer wants 250.00 for the first service what all do they do.
That's what they told me too... Before he looked it up. There's no valve clearance check on this bike. With tax I paid $169.00.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts