Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have almost 800 miles on the bike from my last ride this week.. Its due for its first service that should have been around 600 miles.. Here is my question for you guys.. Other than an oil change and going thru the bike for anything coming loose what else would the dealer do that I cant do?? What else should be done?? And finally, if I dont bring it in for their 2-300 oil change will it void my warranty anyway if I document what I did and keep receipts for the fluids & such?? I also bought the extended 4 years, would it affect that at all?? Thanks for your input..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The other thing I am considering is that I bought it used but with only 246 mi from the same dealer that sold it to the previous owner.. I made them go thru the bike before I bought it and sign off on the full inspection.. I just dont feel the need to pay $230 for an oil change when I can do it for probably about $40.. That would pay for new pegs and/or grips.. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was the sales manager in a multi-line dealership for 6 years, it will NOT void your waranty if you or anyone else does the maintenance, as long as you keep all reciepts and document and date, mileage, all that is done and that it was done within reasonable time that Kawasaki states it should be performed in yopur owners manual. Yes a dealership, a good one, does much more than you stated at the initial service. Is worth what they charge? Matter of opinion, don't forget their overhead. Disposal of haz mat, mandatory special tools from manufacturer, schooling for techs, etc. etc. etc. And what it cost them to have all those beautiful motorcycles on the floor for us to drool over, believe me they don't give em to dealers free!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts