Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Kaws been in the garage since December. Got home from work and took the bike for the first ride of the season. Free again. With the new 170/80 rear tire I found myself shifting less often, the gear ratio seems a little more spread out, but would recommend this update only after your 180/70 tire wares out. Everyone have a safe riding season.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The Kaws been in the garage since December. Got home from work and took the bike for the first ride of the season. Free again. With the new 170/80 rear tire I found myself shifting less often, the gear ratio seems a little more spread out, but would recommend this update only after your 180/70 tire wares out. Everyone have a safe riding season.
So was it a good decision to change?

·
Registered
273 Posts
rear tire

++++1 on last few post. I waited until my rear tire wore out to replace. In addition to the front SW pulley it feels like a completely different bike. Shift points are def. in the right direction and slab riding is big time better for me. If you watch the online stores have a deal to buy both front and rear which I did. Haven't changed the front yet, but will do so this season. That one you can do your self much easier I've read.

·
Registered
197 Posts
++++1 on last few post. I waited until my rear tire wore out to replace. In addition to the front SW pulley it feels like a completely different bike. Shift points are def. in the right direction and slab riding is big time better for me. If you watch the online stores have a deal to buy both front and rear which I did. Haven't changed the front yet, but will do so this season. That one you can do your self much easier I've read.
gmer140 - I'm also running 170/80/15 Pirelli Rear Tire - did you have any wheel clearance issue with the SW front pulley addition? I think I have maybe 1/2 - 3/4 inch between the front of the rear tire to the plastic mud guard. Wondering how much further forward the rear wheel will go if I add the SW front pulley?

·
Registered
273 Posts
clearance

There def. is less clearance with addition of both pulley and larger tire. Rather than worry about possible rub on a large bump when shock depresses I yanked it out. Don't ride in the rain due to safety issues anyway or dirt roads where a stone could bounce and do damage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts