Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,905 Posts
Have you thought about removing that blinker bar?

A lot of people have changed out the entire tail light assembly for a LED version that also has blinkers built into it.

I ran that way for several years, before cutting the entire thing out....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have considered a lot of things, think I have "bike fever":D
An integrated tail light sounds clean. Do you have a good example?

Grips are next then exhaust perhaps. All about time and money. Could go broke pretty quickly on this bike!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Check your state laws before you give up the OEM size and placement of those dir. lights. NH says NO.

·
4,905 Posts
An integrated tail light sounds clean. Do you have a good example?
This was back in 2011, had the bike almost Seven years when this photo was taking. Talked the wife into posing...

This RIGHT before I that I took the "knife" to the bike.

The tail light in this picture is a run-turn-brake LED light.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent shot, I really like the cleaner look without the turn signal bar. A kind of meaner, more minimalistic stance.

Add that to the list! Somehow it keeps getting longer.....

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
This was back in 2011, had the bike almost Seven years when this photo was taking. Talked the wife into posing...

This RIGHT before I that I took the "knife" to the bike.

The tail light in this picture is a run-turn-brake LED light.

That's not fair! I don't even see a bike.

Here is a link to the light.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah, Roc, they are an easy upgrade for not too much cash. Really improved look vs the stock lenses. J&P has free shipping over 50 bucks right now. Just sayin :)
How about a pic of the front clear units?

·
4,905 Posts

·
4,905 Posts
Here's a pic, RDD. Clear lenses and amber bulbs that came with the kit. Kuryakyn brand.
blah, I hated the way the stock blinkers (front AND back) looked. I was going for a "slim and trim" look, and each year tweaked things a bit.

the blinkers (front and back) were the first things I replaced.

I drilled a hole in the "thing" that secures the brake lines near the front fender and mounted some Kuri super-bright LED mini-bullets there.

Those "clear" lenses you installed, really DO look better than the stock ones. Good choice!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Here's a pic, RDD. Clear lenses and amber bulbs that came with the kit. Kuryakyn brand.
Thanks NM. I had the ambers on my last V2K and believe I'll go with the clear this time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Smedlin: Your lean and mean setup looked great. With the pipes and the intake, I bet she moved down the road, too. Slick spot for the mini- bullets.

Keeping the heavy-duty LT look for now, just trying to clean her up a bit. Local Kawi shop left me a VM today saying grips are in, then called right back and said "sorry, wrong guy". Nice one!

RDD: No problem. BTW, You've had 2 V2K's? Sounds like a story in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
They sir, look awesome. Much better than the bland plasticy things they come out with.

I'm gonna had to add them to my shiny bits list ;)

Ando

Sent from the bottom of the Earth via a Tapatalk clone........……Motorcycle.com.

·
Registered
232 Posts
RDD: No problem. BTW, You've had 2 V2K's? Sounds like a story in there.
The story is all about bad timing and poor judgement.

I bought a 2004 Purple V2K in 2005 after a demo ride. I really liked it (obviously). The big V was my first foray into the cruiser world after 24 years, 8 sportbikes, and 7 motocross machines.

My thinking was to curb my incessant need to ride like I just had a shot of adrenaline all the time. I used to live on the back tire and felt it was time to quit being a fool.

After a season on the V2K (and of course a bit of money in mods as per usual) I REALLY missed cornering with my elbow just above the pavement. It's a euphoric feeling when you string together a series of well executed corners and the front tire is lifting accelerating out of them, coupled with eyeball extending braking power.
I found out the big V is capable of rear fender dragging wheelies by accident when I decided to spin up the rear from a stop sign without thinking my girlfriends weight directly over the back tire would cause it to hook up (120 lbs). And drifting the rear end of the 2000 exiting corners is entertaining but still left me wanting more.

So without being able to afford this bike and a sportbike, I sold that Vulcan and bought another TL1000 (my first R model after 2 of the S models).

I ALWAYS missed the big Vulcan. So now that I owned an SV1000S and wanting a bike my wife could enjoy being on I bought a Volusia. I had the SV so the Volusia should be fine right? WRONG.

So now that I am able to have 2 inexpensive motorcycles I sold the Volusia and found a screaming deal on another purple 2004 V2K. Bike #21.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts