Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my first long ride this past week from Daytona to Charleston on my V2K.
9 hours in downpours last Thursday to Charleston. I-95 not fun in the rain. Returned yesterday, 7 hours, rain from Charleston to Jacksonville. That stock seat just about killed me. Of course my ultimate seat that I ordered 5 weeks ago will be here on the truck in Daytona today. Definitely found out what is was like riding in the rain, never have done it before. Was I nervous about it? You bet! Would I do it again? Would have to think long and hard about it. We had no choice about postponing the ride, had a Blue Knights conference to go to. I sure wouldn't recommend it! It was like riding through a hurricane yesterday from Charleston to Savannah. Wind gusts to 60mph with the cold front behind the rain. Gets rather hairy on the bridges. But, we adjusted our riding style and made it there and back safely. Was glad to see the sun pop out in Jacksonville and made the last 3 hours of the trip fun.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I just saw this... took my first long ride this past weekend too. We purposely waited until the rain subsided here and glad we did.

I feel for you but at least you now have the experience. I have never driven in pouring rain and hope I never have to. I'm sure the time will come though!

·
Registered
228 Posts
ya the rain can suck thats for sure i have been stuck riding it more times than i can count actually rode trough a hurricane to work once 35 miles blowing me all over the road, i had hit a deer in my car so i had no choice. but definitely gives you more confidence in your tires afterwards.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When it is raining for the next 250 miles in the direction you're going there is no point in pulling over unless you have a tent and 2 days to wait it out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts