Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode out to the Arkansas Grand Canyon with 3 friends today.
Wow what a beautiful ride, a lot of Crooked and Steep two lanes.
Rode with a V Star 1300, 950 and a HD Ultra Classic.
And I have to say the 900LT ran stride for stride with the 2 yamaha's.
The guys I was riding with are the type that run as hard as the road will
hold all the time. I'm more of cruise at the speed limit and smell the roses type. So our 230 mile ride was lot of hard riding.
My LT perfomed flawless except for that damn seat.
At about 35 miles I would start hurting and by 50 I had to stop and get off.
But the weather was perfect and there were a ton of other bikes out
So life is good

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

·
Registered
451 Posts
Glad you had a good time. Great looking ride...:)

·
Registered
279 Posts
A Mustang seat on my 900 LT was the best investment I have made. I can now do what I want to do with the bike, the stock seat prevented that. Looks better than the stock seat also.

·
Registered
441 Posts
A Mustang seat on my 900 LT was the best investment I have made. I can now do what I want to do with the bike, the stock seat prevented that. Looks better than the stock seat also.
Check your PM Ozark

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
My LT perfomed flawless except for that damn seat.
At about 35 miles I would start hurting and by 50 I had to stop and get off.
6000 miles in 16 days and not one case of arse-ritus .... i love my mustang seat.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice ride report! Great pix! :cool:

I came to within a wisker of buying a 950 instead of my LT - a twin of yours. Glad I went with the LT, which was 2K cheaper (!) The 950 is a great bike, but I didn't think it was worth the $$. As a matter of fact, I bought my LT in your state (Searcy) and have never looked back.

I'm saving $$ for a Mustang seat, which has glowing reports on this (and other) sites. That will fix one of the only 2 major complaints I have about this bike. A sixth gear would fix the other - but I'm just going to have to live with that I guess. I went for a loooong overdue 50-mile ride yesterday - and yeah...my A$$ hurt afterwards.

Enjoy that bike!!!

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I purchased mine last winter, found them heavily discounted on eBay, as I recall I paid around $325, new, from a dealer.
Yeah. I've seen the 'Stang 76127 seat for around 350-shipped on eBay. If you got the same model for $325, that was a heckuva good deal!

EBay is dang hard to beat---IF you know which seat you want. Some dealers have a selection on their floor that you can test out with yer backside - but mostly I've found that (with metric delaers) you have to let them order the seat for you - which is no better than you ordering the same seat for yourself and pocketing the $50 difference.

It's a shame for the dealers really, but I stop feeling sorry for them when I see their prices for oil filters, belts, batteries, etc...:cool:

·
Registered
95 Posts
My thoughts

:cool:Hey Guys,,,,I ride an 08 LT and it has been flawless. Bought it in March of 09, added some OEM chrome pieces, ISO Grips, throttle lock the first year. Also put Amsoil Synt and there Oil filter in this spring and the bike runs so smooth and cooler. One thing kept nagging at me, THIS DAMM SEAT!!!! Broke down and bought a Mustang seat w/backrest from Dennis Kirk in MN last Dec. Best purchase I ever made for the bike. I am 310# and 6'2" and being comfy is something I need, so now day trips of 300+ miles are no big deal. I still do get some butt aches towards the end of the ride but knowing that I will take some Advil Liquid gels, for the artherits too and that does help. Its alot better than before the Mustang seat. I got mine at Dennis Kirk as mentioned before at $525, new, delivered, #79416, thats there. model with a backrest. If you have never had a backrest when riding, they are wonderful. Any questions,,,,give a yell !!!:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went and rode the famous PUSH MOUNTAIN ROAD today.
What a sight to see these sport bike's come by at over 100mph
in the curves THEY ARE CRAZY. I made few passes for the camera
on the Vulcan, not dragging the pegs !!! My pics will be up in a few days
but if anybody wants to see the guys site who takes the pictures here it is check it out.

http://pushmountainpix.com/

·
Registered
273 Posts
ride

Sounds like a beautiful ride. I think all of us mustang seat owners should get a kickback for our reports! It is true though what a difference the seats make. I didn't believe it myself but couldn't ride very far without a butt ache after 40 miles. Now I don't even think about my butt while riding up to 200 miles. Lets you really enjoy your bike. I also almost popped for the Yaha 950 but read tons of reports how the Kaw out performed it and the Suz. 800. Glad I made the choice I did.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts