Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first full-face helmet arrived in the mail today. It's the AFX FX-90 Freedom. Took it out for a quick spin tonight and I like it so far. My previous helmet was a 3/4 HJC IS-33 and years ago my first helmet was a modular. I'm gonna miss the drop down sun visor of the '33 but unfortunately I dropped it on the ground so now it is compromised.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
How high was you when you dropped it? Generally accepted that a drop from something like a bike seat or table top isn't going to compromise the helmet. The manufacturers would have you believe that a good bug strike is enough to require a new helmet!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dropped it while getting out of a tow truck. I had it sitting between my legs and forgot to grab it in time.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I never was one to wear a helmet regardless of whether it was half, 3/4 or full face. However, with the purchase of my latest bike, I went against tradition and dropped quite a bit of cash on an Arai Signet Q full face. After wearing it on a few rides I now actually enjoy having it on. Not sure whether I'm just thinking more about my safety or because I'm on an insane bike, (or both) but at this point wearing it feels right as rain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts