Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share this in hope that it could potentially help someone else. I am a new rider (bought my first bike in March and took MSF course in April) and have watched a number of videos on motorcycle training and safety on Youtube but that's it. Normally I'm very paranoid about cars when I'm on my bike and also watch my rear view mirrors when at a stop light. Last night while at a stop light I was trying to get my Sena 10C Pro to start recording video (it told me "SD card not found") and NOT watching my rear view mirrors when I heard a loud scraping metal noise a split second before a pickup truck flew past me just inches from my right arm and crashed into the truck waiting at the stoplight in front of me. This was literally the first time I didn't actively watch my rear view mirrors while on my bike at a stop light so I guess it really only takes one moment of inattention (on my part and/or the idiot behind me) for things to potentially go very wrong.

I have been lurking on the forums for a month or so now and really appreciate you all and the great info here. Stay safe and keep your eyes open for the inattentive idiots.:nerd::grin2:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey glad you were omitted from the rear ender right next to you, amazing!

Stay safe!

Gerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts