Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay today guys was my first cruise with 4 of my buds 1 vulcan the other harley the other a chopper built bike, and last a gxsr. Any ways we went on some back roads were there was alot of curves no people what so whatever. Every1 was going about 80 i wasnt able to stay with them for i was just going about 60 lol. WELL about an hour of our cruise my behind is asleep my neck n back are both hurting. WE stop and chill. Then they ask me if im ready to get on the expressway or highway. I quickly said no. But they convinced me telling me it was bout time i popped my cherry lol. I VE had the bike for about 2 months. SO i was like okay yeah wel we jumped on the highway and it wasnt as bad as i thought. I just didnt like the fact of people passing me real fast. The fastest i went bout today was 80 and it felt good for bout 5 seconds then i lowerd back to 65. But overall a great experience i wanted to keep going when it was over. Might head out to the beach this weekend about an hour n 30 min drive.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sounds like you had a good ride chevy23. Isn't it funny how you never want to stop but when you are in a car for too long you're ready to get out. That says something about the riding experience!!

2 wheels....no cages!!!:D

·
Registered
397 Posts
Isn't it funny how you never want to stop but when you are in a car for too long you're ready to get out. That says something about the riding experience!!
I notice that a lot when commuting. In the car, the drive can seem to drag on forever. On the 900, it's like "oh geez, now I'm home already" way too soon.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
LOL. How true is that? Many a time i've taken an alternate, longer route home on the bike. Can't say as i ever have with the car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
LOL. How true is that? Many a time i've taken an alternate, longer route home on the bike. Can't say as i ever have with the car.
LOL my wife always wonders why it takes me so long to get home when riding the bike......

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bike lags after 70ish, I WOT for shits and giggles a couple times, and the acceleration from, say, 55-75 is great, but then it feels like I hit the end of the power band and I should be upshifting, but there is nowhere else to go. Makes me a little sad when hitting the freeway on this bike, but it's so much more comfortable than my sportbikes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha ..From now on long routes only lol.. yea it does feel like it does need another gear on this bike. i drove my friends gsxr i was at 85 and it felt i was going like 50,, weird .. but i will never forget my first trip though

·
Registered
382 Posts
Bike lags after 70ish, I WOT for shits and giggles a couple times, and the acceleration from, say, 55-75 is great, but then it feels like I hit the end of the power band and I should be upshifting, but there is nowhere else to go. Makes me a little sad when hitting the freeway on this bike, but it's so much more comfortable than my sportbikes.

agreed. the 'the 900 is a cruiser' bike crowd is right, but I'd like a 6th gear and more power. I came from a 650r.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I was just thinking that on sundays ride. I have lived here my whole life, and in the last year and a half i have seen more roads that i never knew were here because of the bike. More back roads the better. Also using google earth to find byways helps.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'd like a 6th gear and more power. I came from a 650r.
Air intake and pipes can help with the power and the Scootworks Overdrive Pulley will help aleviate the desire for a 6th gear, not to mention totally correcting your speedometer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts