Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a question and I haven't even picked my bike up yet. Getting it wed, after they install passenger floorboards and a few other goodies. It's an 09 900 classic lt. Anyways, I was looking at it and the fins of the rad are a little "buckled"....behind the rad cover. Is this normal? I realize those fins are very delicate, but, should I get the dealer to replace the rad? Can some of you take a look at your rad and tell me if your fins are bent?
Thanks and regards, Silenthill.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Last time I looked, a couple of months back, I didn't have any bent. If it's only a few then it's probably no big deal. If it's a big "spot" then I'd get them to replace it. They have to be pretty seriously mashed and a large area of them before it's going to affect cooling much.

But you just bought it. I'd get them to fix all the little imperfections. If your like me you'll make plenty of your own so you might as well start off as clean as possible :).

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yeah I would make them fix it. If you are getting it brand spankin new, it should look like it. But Sinister is right a few fins bent ain't a big deal, it would be if it were a lot of them.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I pick it up today.....I'll mention it in the "walkaround".
Regards-Silent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts