Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my Shark audio system today-hoping to hook it up over the weekend. Don't want to run it directly to the battery, but rather come on only when the ignition is turned on.Can anyone tell me the best wire to connect to (under the seat-don't want to mess around with headlight bucket etc) pls advise location,colour etc.
2006 Nomad 1600
Can I do a quick splice into this wire ? don't want to be cutting any wires if I can help it.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I would suggest running it directly to the battery through a relay. The relay will only be powered 'on' when the ignition is on. The wire I would suggest using for powering the relay would be the license plate light. That way, if something happens to the audio system all you lose is the license plate light.

You may want to consider looking at some of the fuse boxes with relays if you decide that you may want to add other things later. That way you have a one time wiring job and all subsequent electrical items can be wired to the fuse box. The other benefit of some fuse boxes is that they have a tail for a charger so you can easily hook up your battery tender without removing the seat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts