Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dusted the bike off, charged the battery and got her fired up yesterday. I only rode around my neighborhood for a bit because it was still pretty cold in the morning and we had things to do so I didn't get all bundled up to go far. It felt good to be back on two wheels, though. I think I'm going to need a new battery and I reaffirmed that I need to get some baffles to cut the db's on the Cobra Dragsters. Might go out for a short ride today but then the rains are coming. Spring is such a tease. Good riding everybody.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I pulled in my driveway, and when I stepped off the first snow flakes flew. And now we are suppose to get 10-18 inches.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, Rescue, despite the fact that you get a shorter riding season, I'd much rather live in WY than rust belt northern WV any day of the week. Hopefully the storm moves through quick and you can get back on the bike.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
First time I heard that saying rust belt WV :eek:

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Rust Belt? Try Northern IL. With all the salt used on our roads they turn white. I wait until after a few good spring rains to wash it off before taking the bike out. Poor cars don't stand a chance here.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, I see that "rust belt" may not be a common term for other parts of the country. It refers to the areas starting from the east coast stretching west into parts of Ohio where steel manufacturing was concentrated in the U.S. Most of the towns that used to rely on steel for their economy are now decaying drug holes since the steel market in the U.S. crashed at the end of the 90's. Weirton, where I live, used to have one of the larger mills in the country. Now we have little economy and qualify for "high intensity drug trafficking area" federal law enforcement funding. Good times.

·
Registered
34 Posts
After 2 weeks of riding (sometimes a little toe chilling but not bad) I wake up to 5 inches of snow! This is middle of April in Arizona! Where is my global warming?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
After 2 weeks of riding (sometimes a little toe chilling but not bad) I wake up to 5 inches of snow! This is middle of April in Arizona! Where is my global warming?
WE might get hot here but I don't miss the snow, use to have to wake up a few HRS early just to shovel out before work when I lived in Mass. Now I wake up get coffee sit outside and watch the birds :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
born and raised in Louisiana. sorry for you Northern folks not being able to get out there and ride. BUT you have some of the nicest scenery to ride thru. in this state we can ride more but we have to keep our eyes on the ROAD because we have the worst roads in the country. we have to have agile rides so we can avoid all the potholes. I hit one a few weeks back I thought I lost my lady. she still complains about her back

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've only gotten out twice this year so far. Had more than a quarter inch of ice coating my car this morning, and we've got more coming.

This February in April stuff is really getting old. Guess it is payback for last year's 80's in March. The weather has been crazy lately.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i ride pretty much year-round, but its nice to not have to completely suit up to head to work.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know that you get to ride year-round in the south but I'd never move further south than I am already. I love seasons- even winter - and I hate high heat. We vacation in places with milder climates - I have no desire to go to a beach in Mexico or the Carribean. We're headed back to Scotland for two weeks in June. That's my speed. I'd love to move to WY, MT, or ME. Sadly, most of the scenery in the area where I live is not pretty to look at. A LOT of decaying industry and the dirty old Ohio River.

I won't get into the climate change thing except to say that erratic weather patterns were predicted early on as a consequence of it happening.

·
Registered
273 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts