Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd hesitated installing my RS bags for some time, mulling all the complaints I'd heard regarding Mutazu's hardware and the flexibility of the ABS construction. After sitting on the bags for two weeks, I decided to fabricate my own saddlebag brackets from builders hardware. I took a quick trip to Home Depot to pick up some 12 Inch T-Straps and Tie Angles, and appropriate sized bolts and this is what I initially came up with.

After messing around a bit, I decided to remove the plasti-chrome strut covers in order to bring the bags as close as possible to the fender. I used a cheap pair of soft saddle bag supports to add another dimension of support and was able to bolt the bags at 4 points, including underneath.

Here's where I learned to not forget the lock washer:

And here's the finished product:

I've only put 50 miles on these bags, but they don't move an inch. The builders hardware is all galvanized steel, but I'm probably going to paint it black sometime this winter to avoid any corrosion issues.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Meterman....very nice. Looks like a heavy duty mount setup and +1 on the black paint on the brackets. I like the look! Good thing about the black bike is its an easy perfect match with the black hard bags. Looks great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts