Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Got the DanMoto Highwayman this week and installed it myself today. I鈥檓 not mechanically incline, so I鈥檓 proud of myself. I did get worried when the first start and there was ton of smoke from the headers, it was just new exhaust smell 馃ぃ馃ぃ Next weekend I should have the BoosterPlug and have it installed. Thanks to Bearslayer for the information. DanMoto also sent me the wrong nut. The thread pitch on it was off and I had to go to Lowe鈥檚 to get a new one.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Couple months in, thoughts on the danmoto pipe?

I like it. It鈥檚 loud enough that people notice you, but not that loud to annoy your street. I haven鈥檛 had any problems with it and it does make down shifting easier with the Booster plug. My wife followed me on her Vulcan S and she said she could hear me downshift and knew to slow down. Overall I鈥檓 happy and would recommend it.

Registered
I like it. It鈥檚 loud enough that people notice you, but not that loud to annoy your street. I haven鈥檛 had any problems with it and it does make down shifting easier with the Booster plug. My wife followed me on her Vulcan S and she said she could hear me downshift and knew to slow down. Overall I鈥檓 happy and would recommend it.
Cool, thanks for the reply. Seems many on the forum have gone and removed the pipe after a while, glad to hear that there are a few around that kept it. I have a booster plug on the way as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, thanks for the reply. Seems many on the forum have gone and removed the pipe after a while, glad to hear that there are a few around that kept it. I have a booster plug on the way as well.[/QUOTE]

I wear ear buds with the Scala Q Solo and play music. I really don鈥檛 care how loud it is. I like it when I鈥檓 in the blind spot and know other cars can hear me. My neighbor across the street said he couldn鈥檛 hear my bike in when he鈥檚 in his house and my next door neighbor can鈥檛 hear it when I start it up. I think it鈥檚 just people over exaggerated how loud it is, compared to stock it is loud.

Registered
Cool, thanks for the reply. Seems many on the forum have gone and removed the pipe after a while, glad to hear that there are a few around that kept it. I have a booster plug on the way as well.

I wear ear buds with the Scala Q Solo and play music. I really don鈥檛 care how loud it is. I like it when I鈥檓 in the blind spot and know other cars can hear me. My neighbor across the street said he couldn鈥檛 hear my bike in when he鈥檚 in his house and my next door neighbor can鈥檛 hear it when I start it up. I think it鈥檚 just people over exaggerated how loud it is, compared to stock it is loud.[/QUOTE]

excellent. I'm used to loud exhausts, and i do wear ear plugs so i'd imagine it can't be any louder than a zx6r with a m4 gp exhaust. We shall see. Thanks again.

Premium Member
I really love the pipe. Lighter tons more horsepower and it looks great.and if I had a quieter helmet I might not have minded the noise so much. The arrow rebel is slower making power up top. But the bottom in power is pretty close.But you're absolutely right they will hear you coming with the danmoto blind spot or not.

Registered
I wear ear buds with the Scala Q Solo and play music. I really don鈥檛 care how loud it is. I like it when I鈥檓 in the blind spot and know other cars can hear me. My neighbor across the street said he couldn鈥檛 hear my bike in when he鈥檚 in his house and my next door neighbor can鈥檛 hear it when I start it up. I think it鈥檚 just people over exaggerated how loud it is, compared to stock it is loud.
I really love the pipe. Lighter tons more horsepower and it looks great.and if I had a quieter helmet I might not have minded the noise so much. The arrow rebel is slower making power up top. But the bottom in power is pretty close.But you're absolutely right they will hear you coming with the danmoto blind spot or not.
hmmm, do I trust myersd802003 or bearslayer; decisions decisions. I do like the look and price of the DanMoto, but I don't want something obnoxiously loud. I have a Ducati SS with aftermarket exhaust, And my wife and neighbors can tell from inside which bike I am taking in the morning, one they hear and one they don't!

Registered
hmmm, do I trust myersd802003 or bearslayer; decisions decisions. I do like the look and price of the DanMoto, but I don't want something obnoxiously loud. I have a Ducati SS with aftermarket exhaust, And my wife and neighbors can tell from inside which bike I am taking in the morning, one they hear and one they don't!
i will be installing mine this evening, so i will add my 2 cents as well.

Registered
The Danmoto exhaust is installed and I love it. It is certainly loud, but sounds good. It's not quite as loud as many make it out to be, IMO. That's subjective obviously. I do tend to be an early/lower rpm shifter, so there's that.

As someone with sensitive ears, I have always worn earplugs when riding any bike, even with quiet exhaust systems. I would say ear plugs are required for this exhaust for sure, even for the baddest of bikers.

The quality is better than I expected, especially the muffler. I bought the polished stainless kit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts