Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he could leave me in the dust with his 1520cc 6 cyl monster, but the VULCAN held her own through the back roads of Iowa. Cannot wait for summer! I took his 72 Honda 350 for a quick ride too.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
I know he could leave me in the dust with his 1520cc 6 cyl monster, but the VULCAN held her own through the back roads of Iowa. Cannot wait for summer! I took his 72 Honda 350 for a quick ride too.
I love that little 350! I hope to find one at a decent price one of these days.

Glad you were able to get a nice ride in with your Pops!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Great pics! I had my daughters 77 Yamaha 360 out today for a bit also before the I hit the road with the Nomad.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The Honda 350 in orange and black was my dream bike as a little kid back in the 70's. The closest I got to my dream was a '74 CB 550 in orange and black.

Love your Custom; would love that engine black out in my Classic (I dislike cleaning chrome all the time!!!!).

My son ('82 CM450C) and I are going to do a few rides together this year; can't wait for that. Never was able to do them with my Dad; treasure every chance you get with yours.

Ride safe, my friends.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Did a little riding myself today , this has been a charmed year for us . I rode in Feb , could have got out almost some every month this winter.
Where abouts in N Iowa ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did a little riding myself today , this has been a charmed year for us . I rode in Feb , could have got out almost some every month this winter.
Where abouts in N Iowa ?
I rode a bit every month except Feb. this winter. Little windy again today but rode anyway. :waving:I'm in East Central Iowa, little town called Miles. What about y'all?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I rode a bit every month except Jan. this winter. Little windy again today but rode anyway. :waving:I'm in East Central Iowa, little town called Miles. What about y'all?
Your real close to the Mississippi , we road through Miles last summer headed to Savanna , I live on the North edge of Cedar Rapids.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Your real close to the Mississippi , we road through Miles last summer headed to Savanna , I live on the North edge of Cedar Rapids.
Cool! Most people have never heard of Miles much less been thru here. 64 is a great road to ride & it's only 4 blocks from my house! Ya gotta love all these 2-lane highways around here. I feel blessed to be w/o city traffic, just LOTS of quiet highways.:)

·
Registered
269 Posts
You guys in IA might want to check out the Vulcan Riders Association if you have not already. They are having their National Rally in McGregor IA this year. http://www.vulcanriders.us/

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Cool! Most people have never heard of Miles much less been thru here. 64 is a great road to ride & it's only 4 blocks from my house! Ya gotta love all these 2-lane highways around here. I feel blessed to be w/o city traffic, just LOTS of quiet highways.:)
I do some in town riding but our real rides cover alot of E Iowa county roads and 2 lane hwys , that's one thing about Ia lots of open roads to ride.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wow, thanks! That's like "just up the road" from me!:cool:
Great hope you can make it!! I am planning on being there. VRA is free to join and if you do and don't join a chapter make sure to vote for me as the Non Chapter Member President! (you have till the end of week) I want to at least make a good showing!:D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Great hope you can make it!! I am planning on being there. VRA is free to join and if you do and don't join a chapter make sure to vote for me as the Non Chapter Member President! (you have till the end of week) I want to at least make a good showing!:D
Ok , I voted for ya , got an email to vote , not sure I can make spook cave as it's in the middle of the week.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ok , I voted for ya , got an email to vote , not sure I can make spook cave as it's in the middle of the week.
You Da Man!! Yeah the middle of the week thing causes some problems but they do it that way so those coming along way can get there. I know there are guys & gals leaving on Saturday morning from Florida and heading up to the Nashville area then making a run Sunday to the Peoria IL area, then finishing the trip up there on Monday. I think right now with several months left to register and plan about 70 bikes plus passengers are registered I would expect there will be over a 100 by the time for the rally comes. I never been to a VRA rally before but should be fun. Will be the only rally I have ever been too where my bike is not the minority make!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I rode a bit every month except Jan. this winter. Little windy again today but rode anyway. :waving:I'm in East Central Iowa, little town called Miles. What about y'all?
Mason City. Let me know if you're in the area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts