Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally am done w/my main winter project of adding a HD batwing fairing (and the inner fairing) to my 07 Custom. This replaces a streamliner windhshield that worked great. I had mounted the out fairing previously, but with clamps & metal rods & wasn't sure on the look-but it sure was "solid". Also added some hard bags & ez off brackets, got both from Calvary and have to say they look and are nice. And had gotten the HD fairing outer from Calvary as well-got inner off fleabay. Had gotten the lindbar knockoff from them too and so far so good w/them. Back to the fairing, did some plastic triming on the inner fairing to make it connect to trees. Connected w/basic clamps (4) and "cheated" w/some tie wraps just under headlight to stiffen things up. Haven't ridden it yet, but am hoping it will be soon. Last thing I need to do is wrap up my lowers (just need to drill holes & mount) and I'll be ready for some serious cold weather driving. Pics should come out below:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Are you doing anything with the gauge holes?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For those that really look close, I do have a 2nd set of mirrors on the bike. Have to decide if I'll keep those on the fairing or the ones on the handlebars. Decisions to make. And yes at this time I didn't see the need to cut the bottom out of the fairing headlight hole (at least not yet).

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Excellent Mod.... Looks better than my MS batwing...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Just looking to get out on the bike, 50+ in a day or two-but rain.
So may still be week or two as I'm not much of a rain rider. Overall probably cost
near what a full MS batwing package might (few $'s less), but it was fun trying
to get it "right". Sometimes re-inventing the wheel is the way to go. And if the
end result makes you happy, so much the better.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Excellent Mod.... Looks better than my MS batwing...
the customs have a smaller head light than the classics, you could change the headlight to a classic head light to "fill" the opening or try a head light brow to fill it out. Tri lights also help tp clean up the look as well.

Might get one from a bike wreckers ???

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
As for the holes, I'll probably end up plugging them. As for the handlbars-to each his own.
nice job you did, custom = individuallity ... good for you.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's always something else to add/tweak, but for now think I'll just get on the road and enjoy it (maybe today?)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update

There's always something else to add/tweak, but for now think I'll just get on the road and enjoy it (maybe today?)
This could be it (at least for the season), went from red tails to clear tails. Also added some home-made lowers and passenger boards. I do still have a new headlight to get on and I'm leaning towards bringing back my old windshield.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts