Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I was finally able to get out for a short ride today (it was 36 deg at the house), the first since I installed the new rear pulley and the batwing fairing. I have to say the difference in gear ratio with both pulleys swapped was a nice improvement. There was definitely a difference in the low end but the trade off was worth it as is seems much happier at freeway speed. As for the batwing, it was different. I have always ridden naked bike and am used to having to fight the wind. The fairing does a nice job of keeping the wind off the chest, but I think I underestimated the windshield height. Sitting in the garage, I thought the 6.5" spoiler would work, but in all actuality the 9" is probably better equipped for moving the wind over the helmet. I think the the time being I will stick with the shorter shield and maybe swap it out for something taller this summer. Really looking forward to logging some miles this year.

·
Registered
52 Posts
As the title says, I was finally able to get out for a short ride today (it was 36 deg at the house), the first since I installed the new rear pulley and the batwing fairing. I have to say the difference in gear ratio with both pulleys swapped was a nice improvement. There was definitely a difference in the low end but the trade off was worth it as is seems much happier at freeway speed. As for the batwing, it was different. I have always ridden naked bike and am used to having to fight the wind. The fairing does a nice job of keeping the wind off the chest, but I think I underestimated the windshield height. Sitting in the garage, I thought the 6.5" spoiler would work, but in all actuality the 9" is probably better equipped for moving the wind over the helmet. I think the the time being I will stick with the shorter shield and maybe swap it out for something taller this summer. Really looking forward to logging some miles this year.
I've been wondering if someone would tell how they liked the two pulley setup on here. I just got a 900 after ringing the 1500 for 84k miles it is quite an adjustment how they run out, at 80mph the 1500 is loafing along while the 900 feels more like my old 750 Vulcan. It's by no means uncomfortable but i get a buzzing in the seat and foot board on this one. Did it take that buzzines out of it ?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hey now Denny.... no belittling the beloved 750!

At 80 I'm not thinking about rpm's but more about where the next gas station is!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've been wondering if someone would tell how they liked the two pulley setup on here. I just got a 900 after ringing the 1500 for 84k miles it is quite an adjustment how they run out, at 80mph the 1500 is loafing along while the 900 feels more like my old 750 Vulcan. It's by no means uncomfortable but i get a buzzing in the seat and foot board on this one. Did it take that buzzines out of it ?
For me, with the stock pulleys it felt like it was running out of rpms at 70 mph and pretty buzzy at that speed. The front pulley swap was noticeable but doing both was really the ticket. I was only able to get it up over 70 for a short distance, but it was definitely less buzzy and pretty smooth. Its not a cheap mod, but worth it to me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey now Denny.... no belittling the beloved 750!

At 80 I'm not thinking about rpm's but more about where the next gas station is!
No belittling i had a lot of fun on mine ,it just always felt like it needed a 6th great too :wink2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just ordered the front pulley, finances dictate that I'll have to wait a little while on the rear one. I'm in the middle of a house remodel right now and it is just another big price that can be better used elsewhere. I can sneak the front one through 🤭

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear ya. The wife is okay with the occasional upgrade here and there, just have to sneak them in when you can.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you have a link to the pulleys that you ordered. This is an upgrade that I have been contemplating but not sure what size pulleys to order.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
I have both mine swapped out for a while now and money well spent. Both are Barons I want to say I got the front off Amazon and the back off Ebay.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a link to the pulleys that you ordered. This is an upgrade that I have been contemplating but not sure what size pulleys to order.
There is only 1 size so no choices to make there. You need to choose the finish on the rear pulley, but that's it. Just buy from whoever has the best price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts