Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2003 Vulcan Nomad, I did the baffle removal from the stock exhaust as described on Gadget's page and loved the result. Unfortunately, I got a case of the stupids and traded it on a Can Am Spyder. I still have the Spyder and actually enjoy it. Recently, I also purchased a (new) 2013 Vulcan Nomad 1700 and am waiting on delivery. Does anyone know if something similar can be done on the 13 stock pipes?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, after more reading, I see that what I did on the 03 Nomad 1500 cannot be done on the 1700 pipes. I guess I'll look at aftermarket slip ons.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a 2010 1700 Nomad this spring and immediately installed V & H slip ons. The bike sounds awesome and the pipes were $400 from Revzilla.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
On my 2012 Voyager, I drilled the baffles from the rear using, I think a 1 1/2" holesaw on a 12" drill extension. You can get 2 of them this way. On the right side, after removing the muffler, you can get one more from the engine side of muffler. The left side has one in this position also, but because of the crossover pipe, you would have to cut pipe and reweld it. You will have 2 catalitic converts still remaining att this point. This will give you a low/deep tone, but wont disturb the neighbors when you come in late at night.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my 2012 Voyager, I drilled the baffles from the rear using, I think a 1 1/2" holesaw on a 12" drill extension. You can get 2 of them this way. On the right side, after removing the muffler, you can get one more from the engine side of muffler. The left side has one in this position also, but because of the crossover pipe, you would have to cut pipe and reweld it. You will have 2 catalitic converts still remaining att this point. This will give you a low/deep tone, but wont disturb the neighbors when you come in late at night.
Rick,
Thanks. That seems to be the best I can do with the 1700 stock pipes. It is a shame, because removal of the entire baffle on the 03 Nomad I had was piece of cake and sounded great. BTW. I see you are in Dalton. I was born in Chatsworth.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I recently moved from Dalton am now living just off of 52A before you get to 225, almost exactly 1/2 way between 225 and Floods wrecking yard.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a 2010 1700 Nomad this spring and immediately installed V & H slip ons. The bike sounds awesome and the pipes were $400 from Revzilla.
Did you have to use any fuel management system, or does the system adjust itself?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts