Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ran across one of these jackets for sale for $80. Figured it was not too bad of a price and jumped on it for summer riding. Since it is mesh and has a waterproof liner, figured it was worth the money. Do any of you all have any experience with this jacket.

Yeah I know some one out there is going to say why did you not ask that BEFORE you purchased it. I was going to buy it either way :D.

I will follow up on Wednesday or Thursday with my opinion of it, when it get dropped off by the big brown truck.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I have heard that Fieldsheer is a good brand; and the jacket looks nice.

Mesh is great for warm weather riding but the sun can really start to cook darker colors.

My first jacket was a River Road Sedona mesh jacket. It has GREAT airflow! But, it's black and the TX sun in July & August made it impossible to wear in the afternoon.

This year I bought a Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 in silver. The airflow is pretty decent and I am hoping that it won't absorb heat from the sun as much.

I plan on posting a review of the Phoenix as soon as I ride in some 95+ degree days.

Scott

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard that Fieldsheer is a good brand; and the jacket looks nice.

Mesh is great for warm weather riding but the sun can really start to cook darker colors.

My first jacket was a River Road Sedona mesh jacket. It has GREAT airflow! But, it's black and the TX sun in July & August made it impossible to wear in the afternoon.

This year I bought a Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 in silver. The airflow is pretty decent and I am hoping that it won't absorb heat from the sun as much.

I plan on posting a review of the Phoenix as soon as I ride in some 95+ degree days.

Scott
Do that with the Joe Rocket Jacket. I have never purchased anything from them before. (Well Until now because I order the wife one of their Ballistic 7.0 jackets)

Oh and the jacket I ordered is grey and black. The site only shows the solid black one.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
That's a sharp jacket.:cool:

The grey on the shoulders and back should make a world of difference over black.

Scott

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Joe Rocket's a good jacket.

My conversation with the paramedic: "Do you know how much this jacket was? There's no WAY you're cutting it off me..."

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Joe Rocket's a good jacket.

My conversation with the paramedic: "Do you know how much this jacket was? There's no WAY you're cutting it off me..."
I know it's their job, but man they are quick to grab those scissors, aren't they. :D. I was in a car accident once and I had to walk out of the hospital in what was the equivalent of a pair of denim bloomer. :eek:.

But as for the Joe Rocket Jacket I believe it "Retailed" (the jacked up price that slap on it so you feel like you are getting a deal) at $220 or so, and I got it for $135.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
I know it's their job, but man they are quick to grab those scissors, aren't they. :D. I was in a car accident once and I had to walk out of the hospital in what was the equivalent of a pair of denim bloomer. :eek:.
Yeah, no kiddding! I made them happy though and at least let them cut up my bluejeans.

I wish I had a picture of it. I walk out of the ER to meet my sister who was picking me up. I've got no shirt on. My jeans are cut up in strips up to my crotch. My arm is in a sling. My eyes are the size of basketballs and I've got this goofy smile on my face because my ass has just been shot full of morphine.

Oh yes, fun times.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have had a Fieldsheer mesh jacket for about 3 years and am well pleased with it. The one i have is all black. It is cool when moving down the road but can get warm if you set to long in traffic. I think it would give good protection if you went down. I also have a pair of kevlar lined paints and combat boots. I always were a helmet a 1/2 helmet for summer and a full winter and dont forget gloves. You can tell i have slid down the road a few times.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I received my jacket yesterday. I have not ridden in it yet because when I pulled it out of the box it was missing one of the pieces of elbow armor. The Customer service folks at Dennis Kirk is contacting Fieldsheer to see if they have any replacement parts. If not then I guess I am sending it back. I ordered a 2XL and it fits me a bit big. It feels like it is made for guys with pot bellies. It fit OK in the shoulders but I had SO MUCH ROOM in the gut area it was uncomfortable. The jacket felt to be made of good quality but I don't think it was made for my body type. Part of me is hoping they can't get any replacement armor.

Any other suggestions out of Dennis Kirks inventory? Anything 150ish or under. I like the color scheme of this one though. I need something for a broad shouldered guy.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Banned
254 Posts
Joe Rocket are nice jackets, I love my Joe Rocket Ballistic, I got the black and dull gray one but if I buy a jacket again I might try bright colors for visibility reasons

1 - 13 of 13 Posts