Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tinkered with my cobra settings and seem to have come up with the best setup for my bike:

-stock rear tire
-scootworks front pully
-k&n filter with stock intake
-vance and hines slashcut with baffles intact
-smartpartz baffles

cobra factory setting: 4-2-0

I found that the setting out of the box made the bike stink at idle and low rpms and started tinkering to stop the stink and get a little more midrange power.

My settings for now: 1.5-3.75-0

no stink at idle, good midrange and a nice roar from the pipes at speeds over 60 mph.

Went for a 350km (217 mile) ride yesterday with lots of hills and varying speeds, with a passenger and cruised at 105km/h (65mph) whenever I could.

Fuel mileage for the trip 5.42 l/100km or 43.4 mpg.

I am very happy with this setup and hope that it helps anyone that's running the same.

·
Registered
166 Posts
good to see you found out YOUR settings for the FI200r - it's a lot of playing around with these fuel processors eyh ?!?!1

There is a sticky somewhere where you can post your settings and setup of the bike I guess .....

Cheers

·
Registered
851 Posts
I installed a Cobra FI2000R about a week ago and still playing with it, i got it set at 4-3-1 and it seems to run smooth with very very little poppin here and there. It seems to me i lost some power in the mid-range tho, can somone explain to me what each dial is for so i can understand it a little better. I have a 09 classic LT with Cobra longs and a K&N filter in a Kuryakyn Air Box . THANKS!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I installed a Cobra FI2000R about a week ago and still playing with it, i got it set at 4-3-1 and it seems to run smooth with very very little poppin here and there. It seems to me i lost some power in the mid-range tho, can somone explain to me what each dial is for so i can understand it a little better. I have a 09 classic LT with Cobra longs and a K&N filter in a Kuryakyn Air Box . THANKS!
Try this:
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/81644-dial-your-cobra-fi-2000-a.html

Worked pretty good for me. I've got a stock box w/K&N filter and stock pipes (gonna get Cobras soon) and my settings are 4.5/0/0. I gained a little shpoop at roll-on, and my popping went from non-existant to occasional, but acceptable/kinda cool.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Diehard, No. 1 deals with idle and some of mid-range. If you're referring to mid-range as what happens when cruising 40 to 55 or so and you twist the throttle and expect some response, that's No. 2. Good luck.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Diehard, No. 1 deals with idle and some of mid-range. If you're referring to mid-range as what happens when cruising 40 to 55 or so and you twist the throttle and expect some response, that's No. 2. Good luck.
When i said mid-range i guess that ment i was referring to my mid-range at 40-55. After installing a fuel processor i didnt expect any lost of power and i wasn't looking for any gain as you must have thought i was talking about. All i want was to know what each setting stood for. Thanks for your input, just wish you could have been more helpful than criticizing me. Oh yah...thanks bill for the link on how to fine tune my processor!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't know why you thought I was criticizing you...I was attempting to ascertain exactly what you wanted to know so I could answer if possible. Again, if you were expecting more response when you twist the throttle while in fourth or fifth gear, the No. 2 pot is where you want to go.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I don't know why you thought I was criticizing you...I was attempting to ascertain exactly what you wanted to know so I could answer if possible. Again, if you were expecting more response when you twist the throttle while in fourth or fifth gear, the No. 2 pot is where you want to go.
I read your post again and misunderstood what you were saying and i apologize. I'll try turning up no.2 and see if that helps. thank you!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I'll tell you one thing that happened: I used to have this runaway throttle thing just after warm-up sometimes. It hasn't happened at all since I put in thge FI2000R.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'll tell you one thing that happened: I used to have this runaway throttle thing just after warm-up sometimes. It hasn't happened at all since I put in thge FI2000R.
What do you mean run away throttle, or Is that the same thing as I call a uncontrolled wrist. But since I put the fuel processor on I ride it like i own it, not like i stole it. lol! With 24000 miles on my 09 it was time for me to mello out anyways.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
What do you mean run away throttle, or Is that the same thing as I call a uncontrolled wrist. But since I put the fuel processor on I ride it like i own it, not like i stole it. lol! With 24000 miles on my 09 it was time for me to mello out anyways.
No, sometimes it would go into kind of a high-idle thing, only it was after it was warmed up, and it was a really high idle. Like I could cruise at almost 20mph in first gear. I've read some threads that addressed this, so I know I'm not alone. Never heard any solution (or cause).

I get the uncontrolled wrist thing, too, usually moreso in the Spring:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts