Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
RANT TIME-

I think most of us already know that a dyno is the way to go if you can get to one and have the $350+ to drop on it.

Not everyone lives within a short drive of a dyno tuning center and can get the expertise of a Ray. The closest dyno's to me are over 75 miles away.. not far but .... one shop is looking for their 2015 dyno tech while the other indicated that the pop on decel is normal and that they would not be able to get rid of it (I disagree). Might add none are Kawasaki shops...

There are many maps out there and seat of the pants while it may not be perfect can improve performance and has been done for years.... Based on seat of the pants performance, my VV is close and looking at different maps helps understand what is working and what is not working.

And quite frankly most of the dyno experts out there don't have phd's so with the right equipment I have a high degree of confidence and given my years of experience know I could dyno tune a bike. I'm sure there's a learning curve but every manufacturer and forum has their trusted advisors like RaceNRay, guys who take a brand performance to the next level. Unfortunately the ability to get to those folks is limited for a vast majority of us. Some are very helpful to seat of the pants guys like me far away from their dirt and others hold onto their experience like it's the last nickel on earth. I live in Michigan and with the Victory folks, I could get on the phone with Lloyd (NY), Rylan (IA), or Kevin Cross (FL) and they would always take the time to walk me through any challenge I had with my Kingpin. Because of that type of help I made the trip to Spirit Lake and Lloyd dyno tuned my Kingpin and made a couple ofther mods. Rylan was ready and willing to put me up in his house overnight while he put a 102" kit in. Pretty impressive...

In no way am I dogging Ray but not all of us live within a days ride of a great tuner. We work with what we have.

gb

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
FI2000.jpg I guess I don;t have the adjustment on my F12000
glad I ordered the PCV

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Gary.

92-1965AT

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I will be putting it up for sale, the FI2000, shortly

·
Registered
701 Posts
View attachment 108538 I guess I don;t have the adjustment on my F12000
glad I ordered the PCV
You have one of the first units that came out. Cobra changed the unit about 8 months after its release. I've had this on my vaquero since it was new. It works well for what it is. For those that want full tuning capabilities then a PCV with ignition is the way to go. As was said earlier not everyone has the skill and or money or shop to do the tuning for them. This is just another venue to achieve better performance.

Ray play nice now. I read your earlier post.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Ha figures CaptJ! it did come with the bike.. the PV5 will be here in a few days.. Then off to Ray for dyno tuning. Looking forward to that!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Got the PCV in today. I used a map David Sheek sent me.
The bike runs great. No decel pop no hesitation plenty of power when you "call on it" I have sent him a big thanks. This is my thanks to the rest who have been kind enough to take their hours of work and share the wealth of knowledge with me.
Thanks again
Jimmy D

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Sounds like good new Jimmy. I look forward to having mine in Sat.
\

·
Registered
851 Posts
The bike runs great. No decel pop no hesitation plenty of power when you "call on it" I have sent him a big thanks. This is my thanks to the rest who have been kind enough to take their hours of work and share the wealth of knowledge with me.
Thanks again
Jimmy D
Knew you would be a lot happier with the PCV, when I installed mine and took it for a ride I had a grin from ear to ear.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
this was truly the 1st awesome riding experience I've had sine I traded the old VTX 2 years ago. Once the hard bags get here and installed it's time to quit fooling around and simply ride!! and then ride some more.

See you in the GRand Canyon in May.

Jimmy D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks again
Jimmy D
Can you email me those maps that David send you, i have a PVC on my Kawasaki 1700 , it does lot of backfire and i try a couples map but none seem to work.

jacques(dot)chenier(at)lafarge(dot)com

Thank you !

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
^^^
I'd remove your proper email address from the forum post. Hopefully all the spambots haven't grabbed it yet to deluge your inbox with junk.

Or, if you must, change it to something like, jacques(dot)chenier(at)lafarge(dot)com. Most people should know how to put it in the proper format. Or, if you can create an image of your address that works too to sidetrack the spambots.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts