Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just bought this from eBay, and had a couple questions.

Will this help with performance having fully de-baffled factory exhaust?
Is this a plug and play Fuel Processor or do I need to tune it?

Thanks for your help in advance!

~Todd

·
Registered
97 Posts
Without changing the intake don't expect an increase in performance. It will allow you to correct the slight lean condition and get rid of most of the popping.

It must be adjusted by hand.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi guys,

I just bought this from eBay, and had a couple questions.

Will this help with performance having fully de-baffled factory exhaust?
Is this a plug and play Fuel Processor or do I need to tune it?

Thanks for your help in advance!

~Todd[/Q ] Hi Todd,I have the FI2000 on my 09 SE but aftermarket exhaust and and Air cleaner kit,I found that i had to make small adjustments to mine as well,from the factory it should be preset at 4-2-0 but in your case you may be able to use the preset settings with the factory exhaust,If you search this forum you will find plenty of threads on the FI2000 and some of the settings.let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know I should just search the forum but...

~Todd[/Q ] Hi Todd,I have the FI2000 on my 09 SE but aftermarket exhaust and and Air cleaner kit,I found that i had to make small adjustments to mine as well,from the factory it should be preset at 4-2-0 but in your case you may be able to use the preset settings with the factory exhaust,If you search this forum you will find plenty of threads on the FI2000 and some of the settings.let me know how it goes.
If you don't mind what settings are you running, for example?

·
Registered
17 Posts
What about your air cleaner is it stock to?
yes,The air cleaner is stock.I checked plugs after 100 miles and looked good.If anything might be to rich. pipes or black inside a little more than usual. But on the rich side is safer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A little rich is ok .A lot will cause loss of power and possible to wash out the bearing and rings. This can be just as bad as to lean.what I ment is if your a little rich. Thats ok. Not dump all the fuel in at highest setting.By hence rich is better, Its a fine line. Thank goodness for efi .Turn a dail and check plugs. But to be honest. The best way to go is to do exhaust and air cleaner you like. Get it dyno tuned. I just wanted the cool factor and be safe on engine:)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A little rich is ok .A lot will cause loss of power and possible to wash out the bearing and rings. This can be just as bad as to lean.what I ment is if your a little rich. Thats ok. Not dump all the fuel in at highest setting.By hence rich is better, Its a fine line. Thank goodness for efi .Turn a dail and check plugs. But to be honest. The best way to go is to do exhaust and air cleaner you like. Get it dyno tuned. I just wanted the cool factor and be safe on engine:)
So with the 2-2-1 setting, did you notice any power increase with your current setup?

I'm running the same right now, debaffled exhaust and K&N air filter, gutted air box. For now. I'll purchase an after market air box kit in the near future.

Thanks for your input guys!

Oh yeah just pulled my bike out of storage yesterday :D I forgot to put on the battery tender over the few short months being stored. It almost fired right up. Took 10 minutes with the charger on it and she woke right up ready to rock and roll!

~Safe riding to everyone this year~

·
Registered
847 Posts
After much research and lots of indecision I purchased a Cobra 2-1 for my 07 900. It came with a recommended FI2000r which came preset for my bike and pipes. I don't have another intake yet..I like it because it is a plug and play, snap, snap and a ground wire and it's ready. It was preset at 4 2 0 but will need to be reset if and when I change the intake. I don't have an idea as to what is the best air intake system to use, still researching.

Sam

·
Registered
186 Posts
After much research and lots of indecision I purchased a Cobra 2-1 for my 07 900. It came with a recommended FI2000r which came preset for my bike and pipes. I don't have another intake yet..I like it because it is a plug and play, snap, snap and a ground wire and it's ready. It was preset at 4 2 0 but will need to be reset if and when I change the intake. I don't have an idea as to what is the best air intake system to use, still researching.

Sam
LA choppers BIG AIR KIT ww2 days ebay vac 016.jpg

·
Registered
847 Posts
Looks good, but I do a lot of long distance riding, 3-4 day trips, can't avoid the rain. Is that a problem with the open intake?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't think so,I carry a nylon to fit over it now,but the first time without it,was a rain storm for about 35miles did'nt really notice a differnce,that was on some open road,and stop and go traffic.?

·
Registered
17 Posts
So with the 2-2-1 setting, did you notice any power increase with your current setup?

I'm running the same right now, debaffled exhaust and K&N air filter, gutted air box. For now. I'll purchase an after market air box kit in the near future.

Oh yeah just pulled my bike out of storage yesterday :D I forgot to put on the battery tender over the few short months being stored. It almost fired right up. Took 10 minutes with the charger on it and she woke right up ready to rock and roll!

Not enough to justify for the money spent.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Not enough to justify for the money spent. Do me a faver and put a good trickle charge on that battery.You just did a surface charge to get started. Your stator will thank you!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not enough to justify for the money spent. Do me a faver and put a good trickle charge on that battery.You just did a surface charge to get started. Your stator will thank you!!!
Funny you should mention that.....my buddy that let me store my bike at his place over the winter, wouldn't let me leave until I did what you suggested. I ended up leaving for the night with my truck and came back the next night and took it off the trickle charger.

Drove about 55 miles this season so far;)

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts