Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FI lite stays on and every once in a while will go off but then the engine misses and sputters. In a mile or so the lite comes on and all runs fine. I do have cobra pipes and a fuel mgr.

I'm wondering if the fuel mgr is going out? I have a lot of popping and a little hard to start issues.

I have a 2006 vulcan 900 custom with 30k miles.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Have you just installed the pipes and fuel mgr or has it been running normally with them until now? I would start by checking all of the electrical connections to the fuel mgr. Make sure nothing has come loose.

Now I'm just curious. Do you have an 06 Classic or an 07 Custom. They didn't make the Custom in 06.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
classic

I misspoke with custom, my vtx is a custom. The pipes and mgr have been on tbe bike since before I bought it. This just started after I put in a new battery.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I misspoke with custom, my vtx is a custom. The pipes and mgr have been on tbe bike since before I bought it. This just started after I put in a new battery.
Since you had to disturb the wiring around the battery cover in order to replace the battery, I would start there unplugging and reconnecting everything that got moved. Make sure everything fits tightly. If that doesn't solve the problem then disconnect the fuel manager from the bike and test ride the bike again. It's not uncommon for a fuel manager to go bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts