Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I just changed my stockers to Freedoms & very happy with them. My bike is EU with sensors & unfortunately the pipes came w/out ports.
I tried the resistors but I got the 330 ohm 1/4 watt which turned off the FI light for few seconds then one got burned & the light came back on. I'm still searching for 1/2 or 1 watt resistors or any other combination that might work.
Also tried to connect the sensors from the stockers back in & left them hanging but still lights on.

What do you guys think? why it didn't turn off with the sensors from stockers? if I get the right resistors would it go off? what potential harms I might get if I kept it the way it is now?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,

As i said in one of the other threads i should have resistors from when i did mine which i could ship out to you. Drop me a PM.

·
Registered
39 Posts
my bike is also a eu one and i had to remove the o2 censors when i fitted my fi2000 i did not want to go the resistor route and wanted something a little more solid cos i did not like the idea of them blowing or coming lose when i was out miles from home so i found these on ebay i am sure he will ship world wide http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390368780342?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
i know this is not for 900 but what i did was emailed them and asked if they would supply one for the 900 which they did it was very easy to fit and has done the job great for the last few months i know it is a little more expensive than the resistors but if you are blowing them then this maybe another option for you
i posted some photos in the Bung Ports for 02 Sensors thread if you want to have a look

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
my bike is also a eu one and i had to remove the o2 censors when i fitted my fi2000 i did not want to go the resistor route and wanted something a little more solid cos i did not like the idea of them blowing or coming lose when i was out miles from home so i found these on ebay i am sure he will ship world wide http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390368780342?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
i know this is not for 900 but what i did was emailed them and asked if they would supply one for the 900 which they did it was very easy to fit and has done the job great for the last few months i know it is a little more expensive than the resistors but if you are blowing them then this maybe another option for you
i posted some photos in the Bung Ports for 02 Sensors thread if you want to have a look
I'm positive if you crack that thing open you'll find nothing more than a series of resistors. Correctly installed, resistors won't be any less reliable than that piece right there. (Though it does offer the advantage of not having to determine WHAT resistors and being easier to install).

Correctly soldered connections (or crimped with a good crimping tool, etc.) should not come loose. If that was a concern you'd never wanna leave home with the bike, it's full of dozens of crimped and soldered connections!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts