Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, there have been lots and lots of threads about the most miles on your ride, so, finally, here's one about the fewest!

Personally, I've been riding for the better part of 45 years, and although there have been a few times over the years when all I had (or could afford) was two-wheeled transportation, at my current place in life, my rides are toys to me. That is, they don't need to be and certainly aren't, daily riders and, as such, they get ridden a day, maybe two, on nice (meaning not too hot and not too cold) weekends, and on the occasional long overnighter or group ride.

My current ride is an '09 VN1700 Classic LT, which I acquired about 18 months ago with very few miles on her. Her clock currently shows a little over 4,500, which averages out to about 1,500 miles or so per year.

So let's hear it, you weekend warriors, don't be bashful, for those of you who have had your ride at least a year, how many miles don't you have on your ride? ;)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Bought my 10 VV in April. It now has 10017 on the clock. Leaving weds for Miami fl. 1250 miles one way. I don't think that is low mileage though lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
2012 Voyager. 0, not even one tenth on the odo! No kidding, got it today and have yet not had the opportunity to take it on its maiden Voyage-r. So what do I win?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Tailer!

2012 Voyager. 0, not even one tenth on the odo! No kidding, got it today and have yet not had the opportunity to take it on its maiden Voyage-r. So what do I win?
So your telling us you trailered a Voyager home?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes. This is the biggest bike I have ever owned and I felt the smart thing for me to do was to get used to its balance, weight, and multitude of electronic doo-dads prior to taking off. Call me a sissy but I would have felt pretty dumb dumping the thing on the way home just because I am unfamiliar with it. Besides, I win!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brand-new ride with no miles has no yearly average. Report back in a year. ;)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Agree

Brand-new ride with no miles has no yearly average. Report back in a year. ;)
I agree report back in a year. Oh yes did you test ride a Voyager before you bought yours? You are also right it is a big heavy bike for sure. I rode a vtx 1800 for 9 years and it feels like a 250 compared to the Voyager! It takes some getting used to. Give it 200 or 300 miles and it wont be an issue;) I reckin I better report back in a year also.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No test ride. Sat on one in Lincoln NE while on business. Have been drooling for one for about 3 or 4 months. I wanted something for longer rides and better comfort. My previous bike was an 06 Suzuki Katana 750. Fun to ride but not very comfortable for me.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Ok here's mine.
I've had mine for 38 months and it has 13,400 on her.
So millage devided by 38 = 352 miles per month.
352 times 12 = 4,231 avg.:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've had mine about 2 weeks short of a year and it has 5226 on it today. I have a 6 month deployment coming up soon so year 2 may be even less. Hope to get some good rides in this fall before I leave.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i have 5000 miles on my 2011 nomad, i dont conseder my self as a hard biker i just like to have it parked in my garage , its just like a toy on my shelf i take it down when my mood is set for riding , maybe i like the ownership or just the idea of it just there ?

therefor iam thinking of getting a companion for my nomad maybe italian ?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Have had my '09 VV since Oct '09 - have around 9,600 miles on her (of course, I do ride my other bike at times). Most of my miles are just back and forth to work (which is not too often). The first 3 years I rode I averaged about 10,000 miles a year...after awhile, the thrill just aint what it used to be.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought so didnt relize this was the 1700 thread
Worry not---we don't discriminate around here (well, against other MaKaw rides anyway ;)).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts