Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far i havent seen any options specifically for the vulcan s, but i had a few ideas. Keep in mind i'm new to bikes so if they wont work feel free to call me out lol

1. Is it possible that a kit for the vulcan 900 or other vulcan model?

2. How difficult would it be to work up an original eliminator kit?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bump - to see what others have to say about this, as I've been wondering the same thing myself...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Motorsport Landskrona from Sweden offer one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7X2Jzcp2yw

If money is no issue and you license plate can be substituted for a dinner plate, go for it.

I thought I'd need to be resuscitated after reading the quoted price after I made contact. For something that any tin-basher could make, I decided to make my own.

I have all the parts on order and will reveal my version when it's done. It's proving to be a bit tricky with saddle bags and the fact that I don't want drill any extra holes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i saw that one but it is definitely not aesthetically pleasing! after much research and deliberation i think i may have found a way to work it, however i will need to wait until the end of the month when i actually have my bike to try it out! Hopefully getting rid of the taillight assembly and mounting some all in one running/brake/turn signals mounted on the fender strut, then it just leaves a custom mount for the license plate and bam! sweet looking rear end!

·
Registered
713 Posts
i saw that one but it is definitely not aesthetically pleasing! after much research and deliberation i think i may have found a way to work it, however i will need to wait until the end of the month when i actually have my bike to try it out! Hopefully getting rid of the taillight assembly and mounting some all in one running/brake/turn signals mounted on the fender strut, then it just leaves a custom mount for the license plate and bam! sweet looking rear end!
Here in Oz we have pretty strict design regulations.
Indicators minimum 180mm apart.
Must have licence plate light.
Licence plate must be visible from both sides 90 deg angle
etc etc.
As a learner it's easy to lose licence with just a few defects.
If bike licence goes you also lose car licence, then job, partner, kids, and fun in general.......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I was thinking of is two bullet style lights attached at the last bolt on the rear fender struts and then L Brackets from the original mounting point under the fender with LED bolts for the license plate. I guess it will all be trial and error, but I'm more surprised that there aren't any viable options out yet other than the one you mentioned before

·
Registered
3 Posts
You figure out the fender delete and I have the side mount plate worked out for you already.
Kawasaki Vulcan S Side Mount License Plate Holder - Weber Works
Keep us posted!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I made my own fender eliminator using all the stock pieces that came off the bike. The blinkers I just drilled two holes in the fender and mounted them straight to the fender and the taillight I took out of the plastic fender and mouonted to the metal fender under the plasic upper fender. As for the tage I used the piece of metal that holes the reflectors behind the tag, I put it in a vise and twisted then bolted it to the 12mm bolt behind the plasic trim piece on the side of the fender.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sjcurtis - i saw your eliminator, and its awesome! I like how you used the stock taillight. The only things i want to do a little different are the turn signals and the plate.
I dont particularly want to drill into the fender if possible...i wonder if i could use the fender brace since its two pieces? Its hard to tell right now since i cant pick up my bike til the 29th so i dont have it in front of me.

Also, im going to try and have the plate under the light. not sure why i like that look so much, but i do lol

To summarize though, definitely not taking anything away from your work, its super clean and looks awesome! i'll probably be hitting you up for some advice / know how when i pick mine up!

·
Registered
4 Posts
R&G Fender Eliminator

There's one on Revzilla -- The "R&G Racing Fender Eliminator Kawasaki Vulcan S 2015-2016"

(It won't let me post a link since I just joined :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Puerto Riiiiicooo! Hey man, that looks goooood. But i could not get the fender edge to fit my bike and I was not about to cut the frame. Or have the double sided tape fail. Thats cray cray. I went with a RycaMotors all in one led beauty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I made my own fender eliminator using all the stock pieces that came off the bike. The blinkers I just drilled two holes in the fender and mounted them straight to the fender and the taillight I took out of the plastic fender and mouonted to the metal fender under the plasic upper fender. As for the tage I used the piece of metal that holes the reflectors behind the tag, I put it in a vise and twisted then bolted it to the 12mm bolt behind the plasic trim piece on the side of the fender.
Very clean setup. Would you mind posting pictures of how you mounted the tail light? I'd like to do the same on mine..

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've just changed mine. See photos.]https://vimeo.com/187499172<---video didnt work for me
More phots of how you mounted the number plate and indicators would be much appreciated.
Here in AU we need the plate at the back and lit, plus the indicators a set distance apart.
No side plate or combine brake/indicators allowed.

Your setup is perfect.

I have all teh parts pending pruchase from Wish...just need to know how to mount the number plate.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts