Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I stopped by a dealership I hadn't been to before to get a part and... well.. you know... I had to spend another hour looking at all the bikes and stuff (It would be rude not to).

Anyway I sat on this older Electra Glide, mostly because it had a mustang seat on it with a backrest and I wanted to see what it felt like. Well it also had highway pegs... and they were PERFECT. They ended up just above and to the right of the rear brake pedal (and I mean just). So close that I could actually slide my boot down and press the rear brake without letting off the highways pegs.

That was neat, the fact that I could use the rear brake quickly in an emergency if I needed to. But more so than that they felt like they were in just the perfect position. The glider also had a similar seating position / foot position as my Vulcan so I think pegs in that position would fit well. I had tried pegs on other bikes and they just didn't feel as comfortable, and these were juuust right.

So long story short, anyone know of highway bars that are skinny enough to allow me to mount pegs right there? Anyone have pics of a setup like that? To recap, it'd place the pegs close enough I could reach the rear brake, while still being above and in front of the floorboards.

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice lookin bike!

Hey what luggage rack is that?

Anyway, yeah that's close, but your bars (and most I've seen) are still too far out to do what I was thinking of. These bars barely extended out past the floorboards, which is why I think it had such a perfect spot for me.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Last yr I was talking about it on another thread and i'm thinking it's a Mutazu rack because another guy has one from Mutazu rack and he had to drill out the mount holes a little just like I did to get it to mount on the bike. I picked it up off ebay for $37 shipped. It's held up great and still looks great, here's the site if interested in one. Two things to instal this is you may have to drill the holes a little , and take off one of your bags and losen up the fender rail, it makes it a lot easier to in stall it and having two extra hands helps two. lol! http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=23&menu=Kawasaki Sissy Bars&product_id=347&s=prod.php

·
Registered
77 Posts
I achieved something pretty close position wise with the Kuryakyn Adjustable peg Mounts. They mount to your floorboards. I got 4" extenders and now the footrest is just about level with my brake pedal.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/929/Adjustable-Cruise-Peg-Mounts
Dale - Do you have any pics on how your highway pegs mounted to your floorboards? I'm not sure I understand how the 4" extenders worked out.

I would love to have highway pegs, but not sure I want the have engine guards just to mount the pegs. Would love to see a pick.

Thanks!!
Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
698 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got those & they suit me nice. I think Roman wants them so that they don't stick so far outside of the boards?
This is an OLD thread. Likely someone was searching and dug it up. I already got some highway pegs! I mounted some basic pegs to a Kawasaki Fire and Steel highway bar. They are mounted in such a way that I have three positions. 1) Feet on the boards. 2) Heel on the boards, toes on the highway pegs (which is what I liked about the position of the one I talked about), and 3) feet all the way on the highway pegs.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ups, sorry.
But I like what i found i'm going for it.
Cool!

And no need to be sorry for anything. Better add new information to an old thread than start a new thread and repeat the same information that's already there!

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Kuryakyn floor board pegs

Went with Kuryakyn's ISO pegs mounted to the floor boards. Love the foot position it allows, I leave my heel on the floor board, and the ball of my foot on the peg. Extremely comfortable. Then I can also stretch out completely as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the pic!

Went with Kuryakyn's ISO pegs mounted to the floor boards. Love the foot position it allows, I leave my heel on the floor board, and the ball of my foot on the peg. Extremely comfortable. Then I can also stretch out completely as well.
Thanks Bosco! Appreciate the pic of your highway peg set-up.

I like the position of the pegs. It is a nice option instead of engine guards which may make it hard to reach the pegs.

Cheers, ..

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Dale - Do you have any pics on how your highway pegs mounted to your floorboards? I'm not sure I understand how the 4" extenders worked out.

I would love to have highway pegs, but not sure I want the have engine guards just to mount the pegs. Would love to see a pick.

Thanks!!
Cheers, Jim
Jim -- I removed the floorboard mounted pegs after a hip injury. I loved them but I now need my feet WAY in front. I'll see if I can put some pics together, but I have all the parts in great shape and will let them go cheap (plus shipping) if you're interested. Send me a PM.

In a nutshell, they are plates that bolt to the underside of the floorboard with a connection point for a 4" arm that you attach the footpets to. The connection point is approximately near the little toe. Go to Kuryakyn website and you can see the parts there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got these from OverHillAndDale!!

Thanks to OverHillAndDale, these mounts are now on my bike.

Here are some pics of the floorboard mounts that I got from Dale mounted on my bike. Very easy to install.

Thanks Dale!!!
Cheers, ..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Thanks to OverHillAndDale, these mounts are now on my bike.

Here are some pics of the floorboard mounts that I got from Dale mounted on my bike. Very easy to install.

Thanks Dale!!!
Cheers, ..
They look great... How do you like the riding position? Went out yesterday for a long day ride and loved stretching out my legs. You'll love them. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I see you used the 4" swingarms rather than the 2". Good choice. I bought the 4" because the 2" arms really only moved my feet to the sides. They look great on your floorboards.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I see you used the 4" swingarms rather than the 2". Good choice. I bought the 4" because the 2" arms really only moved my feet to the sides. They look great on your floorboards.
I went with the 2" plus larger iso pegs (can't remember what they are called). Theory being that it allows a further option e.g. feet on boards, or feet on pegs, or heels on pegs. That gives 3 positions which I find really helpful on long rides. I think the 4" arms would make it too far away for the heel position.
Probably better in the long term to have them mounted on highway bars but I just don't like the look of bars plus the cost is a lot greater.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts