Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 09 Nomad and when I'm hitting highway speeds the wind gets under the toes of my boots, pushes them outward and eventually off the driver boards if I didn't conciously hold them in place. I have desert dawgs that solve the problem but it's going to got hot in Sacramento CA when summer rolls around. Anyone know of an alternate to desert dawgs for wind management at the boot level?
Also, I replaced the OEM lowers with a Chucksters set and all but completely eliminated the bike being buffeted at highway speeds. Great product.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
rerun,, well you could do like the astronuts in all the erly movies and put big magnets in yor boots and steel plates on the floorboards... that mite work good for a while until you start to pik up a lot of steel road debris...

or you could use Velcro? hey, you asked for ideas.. poncho

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I've never heard of that happening. Do you have your feed flat on the boards? Try pulling your feet to the back of the board.

What kind of boots are you wearing?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I don't know how fast your riding, but I've had both my 1500 and my Voyager up into triple digits and never experienced that kind of issue.....don't know what to tell you

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hello. I have a 09 Nomad and when I'm hitting highway speeds the wind gets under the toes of my boots, pushes them outward and eventually off the driver boards if I didn't conciously hold them in place. I have desert dawgs that solve the problem but it's going to got hot in Sacramento CA when summer rolls around. Anyone know of an alternate to desert dawgs for wind management at the boot level?
Also, I replaced the OEM lowers with a Chucksters set and all but completely eliminated the bike being buffeted at highway speeds. Great product.
Just curious as to how much riding experience you have on cruiser's. Maybe it's just a matter of getting more comfortable with your ride

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
try :duck: tape

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
even on my custom with forward pegs, never had a issue unless I was pushing it over a 100.. then I had to have a conscious effort to keep them on the pegs

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
It's only a problem for me when I doze off a bit... but then there are a number of other more pressing issues that arise at those times anyway :D

And more seriously... Perhaps you could investigate some of those highway pegs that are mounted to the floorboards, so there's an upright on the outside edge to keep your feet locked in against?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Perhaps you could investigate some of those highway pegs that are mounted to the floorboards, so there's an upright on the outside edge to keep your feet locked in against?
All funny jokes aside. Are your feet sliding off or lifting off? Sliding off I can imagine, if the pegs are not positioned properly, if you have to stretch your toes to rest your feet on them than yes, I could imagine they would slide. Are your pegs chrome with no rubber, slippery and you just slide off?

I use Küryakyn pegs, they are positioned so that I have three choices. Feet on the floor boards, heal on the board, toe on the peg or feet on the pegs. But in this third position the weight of my leg actually resting on the peg. I do not have to stretch to reach it. Took few tries to adjust them properly for my size.

If you have a full weight of your leg resting on the peg and the wind manages to lift it off, that would be very very odd indeed.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
The fastest I've been on my 9 was 95 mph. Didn't have that problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts