Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definitely wanting to add a highway/crash bar to the Vulcan.

I have narrowed it down to the ones below, based mainly on shape, reviews, manufacturer. Here's hoping other Vulcan 900 Classic riders out there have these and can comment!

--Custom World Int'l Highway Bar (Model 02-38052)
--Baron Custom Engine Guard (BA-7174-00) -- may be my last choice of the 3 due to the width
--Show Chrome Highway Bar (71-318)

There's also a Jardine bar I like, but can't find enough info/pics so I can't add it to the list.

Please speak up if you have any of the above!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And I ended up with....

none of the above. I went with the highway hawk fat bar extreme in black. Just couldn't see a chrome highway bar on my bike and didn't like any of the other very few black highway bars. One of these days I'm gonna start going with my first instinct. It was the bar I liked most (something about that fat bar look) when researching but took me 2 weeks to finally bite the bullet. And I can go little overboard in my aftermarket research :D

Ordered it from mean cycles after talking to them to see what they had in stock. Super nice folks to deal with. I don't mind paying a little more when I know the kind of place selling it! I'd definitely recommend them and will be back for more stuff.

Pics to come when the bar arrives in a week or so.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
"Baron Custom Engine Guard (BA-7174-00) -- may be my last choice of the 3 due to the width"

Which about the Baron guard concerned you: that it is too wide or not wide enough? I'm considering buying the Baron but am a little worried about the lack of top attachment points and clearance for shfting on the left side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts