Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Central Texas here. 8 records were broken while we got hit with 5 winter storms! A total of 9.5 inches of snow here in San Marcos, plus an ice storm. All started to clear on Friday with temps in the 40's, yesterday temps in the 50's and temps today forecast for the upper 60's. I'm gonna take the cage out today to see about sand and debris on the roads and if clear, I'll be riding!

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
56 Posts
Well, I got about 70 miles in this afternoon. It was overcast, but it was in the upper 50's. Anyone else had an opportunity to ride today? How's everyone doing?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Anyone else had an opportunity to ride today? How's everyone doing?
The weather over here was very good this weekend, if a bit breezy. I was able to get a couple of hundred miles in. I would have done more but family commitments kept me off the road.

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
56 Posts
The weather over here was very good this weekend, if a bit breezy. I was able to get a couple of hundred miles in. I would have done more but family commitments kept me off the road.
Awesome! So glad to hear this!

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
475 Posts
Another day another 6+ inches of snow :mad: at least the next two weeks shows actual average temperatures in the 40s and 50s, however a lot of rain, but this may all melt and just maybe a dry day without threat of ice will finally happen early in March.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's warming up here, supposed to be 45° tomorrow. Going to try and get short ride in the evening. I'm working on getting the ice off the drive today. This weekend is supposed to be warm too, but rain Sat. Sun. is looking good for now 51°, going to try and get some miles in then.😁 For a little bit I didn't think I was going to get any miles for Feb.

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
My temps look good, but calling for rain from tomorrow till end of month. :mad:

Is anyone getting many miles in? The Texas riders were snowed in for a week, never thought I would say that. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm originally from Ohio and lived in GA for the last 20 years...I can do cold..I'm just not going to do so voluntarily lol. Hurricane? Time to strap a sail to my red beast and FINALLY be able to hit 100mph lol

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
"Photoshop"?....... that is all.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Got my first ride of Feb. this evening.:) Just in time too the bugs we're starting to crawl into my brain.

I tested out a heated jacket I got off eBay. It's first gear but made by warm n safe. Never had any plug into bike type of gear. I had that thing turned up too high at first. Didn't notice it till down the road a min. Got it turned down to where it was just keeping me from getting cold. Wow is it nice! Didn't want to stop riding! Rode past my house once just because I was having too much fun!

The weather is supposed to be 50°and partly sunny on Sunday. Can't wait!

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
475 Posts
I had to fight the urge to go out today, great weather but with all the snow melting every road is like a river! Just wasnt worth the risk. I road tested cars down local roads to see if any were totally dry but no matter what roads I took they all were pretty soaked.

·
Houston, Texas
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
@Silentwolf Adventures , was that today, I-45? Looks overcast like in Katy. I went out this morning and got sprinkled on. Cut my errands short and came home. Finished my off day in recliner.

·
Houston, Texas
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
It was pouring down rain this morning, so didn't ride. Now sun is out. :mad:

41 - 60 of 68 Posts