Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm envious that you guys will have temps in the 20's lol. San Marcos is forecast to get to single digits Monday night with about 3" of snow. We won't be above freezing from Sunday night through Tuesday mid-day. Record low temps! Even right now we're at 32°. The long term isn't showing any decent temps at this time. (Sigh)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm envious that you guys will have temps in the 20's lol. San Marcos is forecast to get to single digits Monday night with about 3" of snow. We won't be above freezing from Sunday night through Tuesday mid-day. Record low temps! Even right now we're at 32°. The long term isn't showing any decent temps at this time. (Sigh)
Holy icicles Batman!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
All you southern folks like me, be safe out there. We ain't use to this stuff. Give me a hurricane and I know what to do.
I'm originally from Ohio and lived in GA for the last 20 years...I can do cold..I'm just not going to do so voluntarily lol. Hurricane? Time to strap a sail to my red beast and FINALLY be able to hit 100mph lol

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ice just forming here and they are already starting to play bumper cars. :ROFLMAO:
This weather is crazy when you get freezing roads in the Houston area before San Marcos! All we've had is rain so far, but Sunday to Monday we're forecasted to get about 4" of snow. This is Austin's forecast, but we're only about 20 miles south so we might be 1 or 2 degrees warmer. I've lived in Central Texas since 1975 and we've never had such a long period of this type weather. I've been in SM for 21 years and have only had snow 3 times!

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Just in case y'all are interested, I've been without power for the last 36 hours. Power just came on, hopefully it stays on. I've got a generator so we had lights, refrigerator, microwave, etc, but no heat. We were just about to run out of gas for generator. Going to find some more in case power goes off. I used to cat 5 hurricanes with floods of biblical proportions, I'll take that any day over this cold crap without power.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just in case y'all are interested, I've been without power for the last 36 hours. Power just came on, hopefully it stays on. I've got a generator so we had lights, refrigerator, microwave, etc, but no heat. We were just about to run out of gas for generator. Going to find some more in case power goes off. I used to cat 5 hurricanes with floods of biblical proportions, I'll take that any day over this cold crap without power.
Almost the same situation with us, we lost water and I insulated the well pipes and then we thought we had water again, We did just not for long. Almost as soon as we got good hot water a pipe in the attic burst and went through the 1st floor ceiling so of course I had to turn the electric off Because the 1st 12 gallons or so went directly through the ceiling fan... So now I have one Room in the house turned on upstairs where I am sure water didn't get and we have a space heater, I am glad our stove top is gas at least we can stay mostly warm and cook....Oh yeah, so my fiance is about 3 months pregnant woohoo! (But I'm not stressing about any of this )

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
Sorry to hear some of these comments about the weather. As bad as we got hit we at least continue to have power, though with rolling blackouts. The longest I've been without power is 5 1/2 hours the first day they started the blackouts. Now we typically go about 2.5 hours on then 2.5 hours off. It varies, but close to that. So far I haven't had any water problems though I've gone through many, many gallons of water dribbling through my outside faucets, but they haven't froze. Two nights of 6-7 degrees had me worried. I ventured out on the roads yesterday for the first time to get my wife and I our first covid shot, and the roads were passable though pretty iffy in some places. I'm glad I learned to drive in upstate New York during winter. Today (afternoon) I went out and they're mostly clear. It won't be long before we're back where we need to be. Hang in, stay safe, and until then, find a new hobby!!!!!

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
56 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about all the challenges everyone is having to deal with because of this weather. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone.
We had to deal with about 7 hours of power outage, but have not lost water. I did have to repair a busted pipe at my mom and dad's house. But all in all, we've been pretty lucky.
Stay safe and warm everyone!

21 - 40 of 68 Posts