Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
February is here and hopefully some will get some false spring days and get some mileage in, so here's our February monthly mileage challenge. It's simple, Post a picture of your odometer at the beginning of the month and one at the end. Ending mileage will be due no later than midnight of the last day on month. If you own more than one bike then total miles on all count (only your miles count, not other rider miles), just have to submit beginning and ending readings for all bikes. We will do this every month so riders with limited riding weather during winter will have a chance during the summer. If you participatd in the previous months challenge your ending reading in that one will your beginning reading for this month. There will also be a winner for total miles at end of year if you join our Annual Mileage Challenge which you can join at any times:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nice to see this list getting longer!

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Registered
85 Posts
February is here and hopefully some will get some false spring days and get some mileage in, so here's our February monthly mileage challenge. It's simple, Post a picture of your odometer at the beginning of the month and one at the end. Ending mileage will be due no later than midnight of the last day on month. If you own more than one bike then total miles on all count (only your miles count, not other rider miles), just have to submit beginning and ending readings for all bikes. We will do this every month so riders with limited riding weather during winter will have a chance during the summer. If you participatd in the previous months challenge your ending reading in that one will your beginning reading for this month. There will also be a winner for total miles at end of year if you join our Annual Mileage Challenge which you can join at any times:

View attachment 246943
I'm in.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I am going to put both bikes in this month’s challenge.

Hidalgo’s starting mileage: 226,407

Sioux’s starting mileage: 19,548

·
Houston, Texas
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just updated the beginning mileage spreadsheet. There's a few that missed getting their January ending reading in, so don't have a beginning reading for this month. Who else wants to join?

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
56 Posts
I hope some of you are getting a good head start on the miles for February, weather permitting. I had to travel to Salt Lake City this week for work, so my first opportunity to ride won't be until this coming weekend - assuming the weather is good back in NOLA. But here in SLC, the snow is coming down hard - not that it would matter since I don't have my ride anyway. LOL Stay safe everyone!

·
Houston, Texas
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just took a break from work and looked at my miles for the month. I have two trip meters on my bike and set trip b to zero on the first day of month. Not to bad in three days, 261 miles.

·
Registered
459 Posts
You guys are leaving me behind! I had a 140 mile trip scheduled for today to visit my daughter, but SHE cancelled! With 80°'s in the forecast I'm sure I'll find somewhere else to go.

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
56 Posts
First February ride for me. I clocked 170 miles this afternoon. Wish it was about 10 degrees warmer, but I didn't have to contend with the white stuff like some of you guys. So for that, I am thankful that I was lucky enough to ride. Stay safe out there.

·
Houston, Texas
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you got out for a ride today. Hopefully the weather will break for everyone soon. @Silentwolf Adventures, how's your mileage doing. I got a few more miles in today. Might have to add a few extra day rides to get back on top if I can talk the wife into it. I'm at 365 miles currently.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Glad you got out for a ride today. Hopefully the weather will break for everyone soon. @Silentwolf Adventures, how's your mileage doing. I got a few more miles in today. Might have to add a few extra day rides to get back on top if I can talk the wife into it. I'm at 365 miles currently.

View attachment 247047
Got me beat...big goose egg at the moment..maybe 50 miles so far...

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

·
Houston, Texas
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got me beat...big goose egg at the moment..maybe 50 miles so far...

Yea, but a few of your commutes and you are right there. You said that you commuted with wife on days you don't ride, just put her on back of bike. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: 😉

·
Houston, Texas
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Silentwolf Adventures, did you ride today? Wasn't a very pleasant ride in on the west side of town. Got up this morning, looked out front window, dry street, look at weather app, all clear. Suit up, jump on bike, and hit a really thick fog about a mile down the road. Doesn't look that bad in video, but really hard to see and very slick road. Good thing, it was in the 50s.

·
Registered
85 Posts
@Silentwolf Adventures, did you ride today? Wasn't a very pleasant ride in on the west side of town. Got up this morning, looked out front window, dry street, look at weather app, all clear. Suit up, jump on bike, and hit a really thick fog about a mile down the road. Doesn't look that bad in video, but really hard to see and very slick road. Good thing, it was in the 50s.

I did. Rode out last night, and back in this evening missing our threat of rain. 61 when I left out and I think it may have hit 70 on my ride this afternoon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got a big fat doughnut right now. Feb is not looking too good for riding. Hoping things warm up for the end of the month, but not holding my breath. I got a thick sheet of ice on my drive way (gravel). Need to warm up to melt that off before I can get out. Well... I could probably get out but getting back into my garage which is up hill might be a little be a little hairy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got a big fat doughnut right now. Feb is not looking too good for riding. Hoping things warm up for the end of the month, but not holding my breath. I got a thick sheet of ice on my drive way (gravel). Need to warm up to melt that off before I can get out. Well... I could probably get out but getting back into my garage which is up hill might be a little be a little hairy.
Play it safe @Scooter13 you'll get those miles in.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts