Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats pcarrell!

I bought my 2001 Kawasaki Drifter 1500 in November of '08. She had the bags, windshield, and pipes on her when I picked her up. She came with a solo seat and a 2up. The badges were all stripped off, so the bike looked rather "naked". Since then, I've added Zambini Bros. emblems, passenger floorboards, floorboard fringe & fringe mudflaps (I made them myself), a tank bib and fender bib, and a '69 Harley tour pack (still looking to do it up with some matching leather and studs) with my homemade brackets, and throttle & lever covers. I also added the new wide whitewall tires and swapped out the clutch spring for a Meanstreak part. Finally, I layed the license plate down and gave it some curve to follow the fender line.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Congrats! That's one awesome Drifter!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Saaaaweeeet ride!!! :D I've only seen acoouple of Drifters and they looked really nice, but I think yours takes the cake. Congrats...:cool:

·
Registered
136 Posts
*Drooling* Nice ride! Screw the garage, I'd park that in a glass case in the middle of the living room.. :D

·
Registered
578 Posts
Screw the garage, I'd park that in a glass case in the middle of the living room.. :D
Maybe I should do that! I mean, look at the horrible atrocity the occurred the other day when I opened the garage to shovel the snow! :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great looking bike, I think we had alot in common when we were modifying our bikes. I just posted mine on BOTM. I think we need to get together for a ride and have fun turning heads, we would pass for kin on our bikes, lol....

·
Registered
578 Posts
Cool fringe on the running boards. How did you stick it on?
On the running boards I just glued them on with E6000 glue. Good stuff, much like Barge's glue, but easier to find. I got it at WalMart I think. For the mud flaps I used the same glue to sercure industrial velcro to the fringe and the inside of the fender. That way I can remove them for cleaning and redying.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Great looking bike, I think we had alot in common when we were modifying our bikes. I just posted mine on BOTM. I think we need to get together for a ride and have fun turning heads, we would pass for kin on our bikes, lol....
Florida is a bit of a ride from Indiana! Maybe we should meet at the Dragon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts