Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was curious if someone with a memphis shades sport shield, perhaps from 2012'ish 900 custom, could take a few measurements from the front side of the screen itself for me...

1. From top mounting hole to bottom mounting hole of the same side

2. From top mounting hole across to the other top mounting hole

3. From bottom mounting hole across to the other bottom mounting hole

4. From top mounting hole of one side across to opposing bottom mounting hole

If you do help me out, using a tape measure, keep it straight (no bends) and try from center to center of the mounting holes so I can try to mirror the measurements as close as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm curious to know what you are trying to accomplish with these measurements. The sport shields are contoured, so getting a decent measurement across the shield is really tough. You say you want a "centre-to-centre" measurement with no bends in the tape...that's not possible....at least not with the shield attached to the mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm curious to know what you are trying to accomplish with these measurements. The sport shields are contoured, so getting a decent measurement across the shield is really tough. You say you want a "centre-to-centre" measurement with no bends in the tape...that's not possible....at least not with the shield attached to the mounts.
I'm trying to get ballpark figures. I understand they are contoured, but they're not a ridiculous angle so it is possible to get an idea.

The shield I'm physically looking at is roughly 6.5" top to bottom, 11.5" side to side both top and bottom, and 13.5" diagonally top to bottom.

I was able to get my hands on a memphis shades shield, but it is not listed as a metric shield on the website and I'd like to see a comparison between the measurements so I can see what the difference is. They are not answering my inquiry so I figured I'd ask for a hand here.

I'd like to see how much work I'd have to do to make their install kit work...if it even would. But I'd like to have an idea on what measurements I'm dealing with before ordering a $150 kit. I may just end up designing my own....you can't beat free if you can make it work.

·
Registered
347 Posts
OK, bro...

These are approximate measurements as the shield has contour:

Horizontally across top 2 holes = 11 3/4" to 11 15/16"

Horizontally across bottom 2 holes = 12 inches or close to it (could be close to 11 15/16")

Vertically between two side holes = 6 5/8" (same on other side!)

Diagonally between bottom right hole and top left = about 14"

Hope that gives you an idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts