Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I got a problem with my 98' VN800 Classic.
The bike has been standing still since last years fall, and after a oilchange I did a week ago to prepare for the new season the clutch wont work.
When i pull the lever i get some "resistanse" as i did before when the clutch was working just fine, but i cant get it into gear.
Any ideas why this has happend?

-Joakim

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Rock the bike back and forth and see if it'll go into gear (DON'T force it). Will it shift without the engine running?

Engine off, pull the clutch in, rock it back and forth and see if you can get it into gear.

Stuff can get frozen up and stuck over winter storage.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have had clutch plates stick together after sitting a long time on dirt bikes. Try to rock it into 1st, then with the clutch in, hit the starter. See if that will break them loose. Do it out in the open street just in case there is a real release problem so that you will have time to hit the kill switch and not run into anything if it starts and takes off on you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the bike on a jack, turned the rear wheel around and got it in 1st gear without using clutch and the engine not running.
I will try out your sugestions, crossing my fingers and pray that I wont hit anything that comes in my way if the clutch wont release if the bike takes of... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts