Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

what I do to my Vulcan S to make it faster, so where do I start.

all advice will be welcome

·
Registered
171 Posts
The standard go-to performance mods are exhaust, intake, and fuel controller. You should see a noticeable improvement for a total of about $1000-$1250.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I. Have got a faster bike, but I want the Vulcan to go a bit faster
Every VS owner wishes their bike was faster, but it’s not going to happen...

Option A) spend @ $1200 and pick up very little, barely noticeable gains...

Option B) send me $1200 and I’ll hire someone to show up to your door and kick you in the peepee....

Option C) face the fact that the VS is what it is, and “fast” is not one of them...quick yes, but not fast...

Option B is essentially the same feeling you’ll get from Option A, FYI...

P.S.
What faster bike do you have ??

·
Registered
161 Posts
I. Have got a faster bike, but I want the Vulcan to go a bit faster
In post #25, I identified my dislikes for the VS...

I like the fact that the bike if fairly and surprisingly quick for a $5500 brand new Sport Bike/Cruiser Hybrid with forward controls...

BUT, I also wish there were some stage kits that Kawasaki would sell for the VS to bring the hp/ya numbers up...imagine a 90hp/90tq Vulcan S !!!

https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/?tfr=1#/topics/299028?page=3

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
To be honest there isn't much of anything you can do to make it "Faster" The Vulcan S is what it is and to squeeze blood out of a turnip isn't very cost effective. You can of course customize it to your liking. It won't be any faster but it will give it some character. What you should be asking is: "How can I make the Vulcan S more comfortable" Corbin Seat comes to mind. To make it more stylish you can add a Tail Tidy and some LED Turn signals. To make it obnoxiously louder you can add any variety of aftermarket exhausts. They won't make it any "Faster" but they do make it so loud that your ears start bleeding :grin2: So sure you can customize it but even adding an exhaust and a Booster Plug and a drop in Bikemaster Air Filter won't make this bike noticeably faster. That little engine is already tuned to the max of it's capability. That said, I think it is fast enough for it's intended purpose of an Urban Cruiser. Quick off the line performance and snappy mid range. Sure it's not a torque monster and it won't go much past 100 but why would you even want to. Instead of trying to make it something it is not, make it more visible, more comfortable and in turn a lot safer. :wink2: Ride Safe! AGATT.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive. Ordered the Kawasaki sport exhaust full system,

Do I really need the booster plug?? my bikes not jerky like ninja 400 was ,thats cured by a A RAPIDBIKE EVO fueler

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Oh yeah the cost for the Danmoto & the Booster plug was about $450. Danmoto is a SEVERELY LOUD .But good looking and light exhaust that is very easy to mount.

·
Registered
161 Posts
“Fast” is a relative term...

Gaining 10hp on a 54hp bike is, no doubt, significant, but it’s not going to make it exponentially faster...

I could imagine the “easiest” engine swap (if possible), would be the 636 ZX6R <drooool>...that engine punches waaaaay above its weight class 🙂

VS would be an 11 second cruiser lol

Would be super fun, but holding on from 30 to 100 would be crazy, especially with the wind and limited “tucking ability”...

Would change the whole dynamics of the way the bike rides, but after 6000rpms the VS would start getting scary fast hahaha !!!

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Actually No

Ive. Ordered the Kawasaki sport exhaust full system,

Do I really need the booster plug?? my bikes not jerky like ninja 400 was ,thats cured by a A RAPIDBIKE EVO fueler

Nah the Boosterplug is just a way cheaper way to achieve what you have already done.:nerd:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts